PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Been To Denver?

Davian93
07-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I have an opportunity to relocate there for a huge opportunity to advance my career and I was curious if anyone had ever been there?

Well...anyone?

ShadowbaneX
07-05-2016, 05:48 PM
I think I might have passed through there on a family vacation to Vancouver in 1990.

Rand al'Fain
07-05-2016, 07:31 PM
Been there, done that, don't like big cities because of it.

Most big cities build up. Denver builds out. Getting to the point where you may as well count the surrounding towns as suburbs of Denver (if you don't otherwise).

Also, be careful when on streets with more than 2 lanes, as drivers down there tend to change lanes without much warning. And often, if on the interstate, several lanes at a time.

Best of luck!

Oh, and they are crazy about Denver sports teams, but don't expect much news on the college teams, at least in detail, on the news outlets.

Weird Harold
07-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I have an opportunity to relocate there for a huge opportunity to advance my career and I was curious if anyone had ever been there?

Well...anyone?
I was stationed at Lowry AFB for eight months some 48 years ago. The only thing I recall that might be the same is that I managed to build up enough static electricity to throw a spark over four inches long.

A nice enough place, I guess. At least Pot is legal for recreational and medical use so you can zone out if things get difficult.

Terez
07-06-2016, 12:45 PM

Well...anyone?
Do it! It's a swing state; they need you. ;) My brother lived in Colorado for a while and he loved it; he wasn't in Denver, though. Not sure how you'd like the city, but the state has some lovely getaway spots. That's probably an understatement.

Sukoto
07-07-2016, 12:59 AM

Well...anyone?
I've passed through Denver several times, and I currently live in a Denver-like area (Eastern Washington). Having moved from California, I love the affordable cost of housing here. Love it. And it's beautiful.

Things that may disappoint: food is not as fresh or authentic this far inland. A shopping mall is often considered the most happening place aside from the outdoors.

If you want to live in Denver, you should ask yourself these questions:

1. Do I love the outdoors?
2. How do I feel about big cities?
3. How do I feel about stereotypical American suburbs?
4. How do I feel about driving?
5. How do I feel about football?

If the answer to #1 is yes, and if the answers to #2-5 are "tolerable" or better, then you will probably like Denver. There are more things to do in and around the mountains and the city than you will ever have time for. And of course they have Internet in Denver, so you'd be covered.

Davian93
07-10-2016, 03:59 PM
If you want to live in Denver, you should ask yourself these questions:

1. Do I love the outdoors?

Yes, yes we do. A big part of why we live in VT is our love of the outdoors.

2. How do I feel about big cities?

I grew up in Philly...and lived in DC & Boston before...I neither hate nor absolutely love big cities. I love the amenities (culture, museums, etc) available from them though but dislike huge crowds, heavy traffic, etc so its a mixed bag.

3. How do I feel about stereotypical American suburbs?

I've lived in them before...a bit boring but nice nonetheless for raising a family and that's a big part of our plan now to start a family so...guess its time.

4. How do I feel about driving?

No big deal.

Enjoy it immensely...and like having access to all 4 major sports again.

Mort
07-11-2016, 01:45 AM

Enjoy it immensely...and like having access to all 4 major sports again.

But which sports teams? For some reason I didn't peg you as a broncos fan. Just because you love football doesn't mean you should move to [insert your worst football team's city here] *cough*Browns*Cough*