PDA

View Full Version : Time of the year when Sundays starts to mean something again

Mort
09-12-2016, 11:35 AM
Huuuge NFL fan over here. Soon week 1 is over, Pats won (booya!) and I'm so far killing it in my fantasy league. That will change I am sure, it always does.

But right now, like if goooood.

Any fantasy geeks here? What's your roster like ?

We run a 12 team league, 2 keepers, no PPR, no flex. Pretty simple. Got Brees, Lamar Miller, Antonio Brown, LeSean McCoy for starters, that quite the team so far :)

Southpaw2012
09-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Starters: Cam Newton, Jeremy Langford, LeGarrette Blount, Jordy Nelson, Ty Hilton, Greg Olson, Broncos Defense, Jordan Matthews, and Adam Vinaterri. Dominated Week 1.

Kimon
09-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Huuuge NFL fan over here. Soon week 1 is over, Pats won (booya!) and I'm so far killing it in my fantasy league. That will change I am sure, it always does.

The Cardinals should feel pretty embarrassed after losing at home to a Pats team that was w/o not just Brady, but also Gronk. They lost to Jimmy Garoppolo.

That said, I definitely prefer Saturday football (college) to the Sunday variety. Growing up near the worst franchise (Lions) in the history of the NFL possibly has something to do with that.

Mort
09-12-2016, 04:23 PM
The Cardinals should feel pretty embarrassed after losing at home to a Pats team that was w/o not just Brady, but also Gronk. They lost to Jimmy Garoppolo.

That said, I definitely prefer Saturday football (college) to the Sunday variety. Growing up near the worst franchise (Lions) in the history of the NFL possibly has something to do with that.

Oh, how come?

Kimon
09-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Oh, how come?

Where to begin...

-Only original team (around prior to the AFL/NFL merger)to not even make it to the Super Bowl.

-Last prior to the merger championship was in '57.

-Haven't won a playoff game since '91.

-Awful owners - The Ford family. Ran their auto company into the ground, did the same to their football team. At least various pizza kings have owned the Tigers and Red Wings...

-Wasted the career of arguably the greatest rb in NFL history, Barry Sanders.

-Wasted the career of arguably the greatest wr in NFL history, Megatron.

-Neverending string of useless qbs.

-Neverending string of useless coaches.

Mort
09-13-2016, 05:05 AM
Where to begin...

Well yes, no one said they were any good. :)
Except Megatron, but he's gone now.... Their time will come, just wait :)