PDA

View Full Version : Duterte...What a Sick Bastard

Davian93
12-16-2016, 02:31 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38337746?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

In case you haven't been following the news, he's literally caused the deaths of thousands of suspected drug addicts and dealers in the Philippines. Earlier this week he bragged about personally killing people when he was a Mayor. A couple days ago, his people said "Oh no, he was just exaggerating" after the int'l community was outraged.

He doubled down today and said "No seriously, I personally killed 3 people when I was mayor...For Reals Yo!"

Like WTF is wrong with this guy?

Oh and Trump loves him and has repeatedly praised him and already invited him to visit the US.

Rand al'Fain
12-16-2016, 05:57 PM
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38337746?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

In case you haven't been following the news, he's literally caused the deaths of thousands of suspected drug addicts and dealers in the Philippines. Earlier this week he bragged about personally killing people when he was a Mayor. A couple days ago, his people said "Oh no, he was just exaggerating" after the int'l community was outraged.

He doubled down today and said "No seriously, I personally killed 3 people when I was mayor...For Reals Yo!"

Like WTF is wrong with this guy?

Oh and Trump loves him and has repeatedly praised him and already invited him to visit the US.
Yeah, saw that the other day. And earlier announced that he was essentially kicking the US out of the Philippines. How much you want to bet that the Chinese will be setting up shop before the last of the US troops there depart? Because this maniac has a hard on for the Chinese and Russians beyond the Chinese and Russians.

And Trump would say he loves any would-be and actual dictator, because that's what he aspires to be.

Kimon
12-16-2016, 06:56 PM
Yeah, saw that the other day. And earlier announced that he was essentially kicking the US out of the Philippines. How much you want to bet that the Chinese will be setting up shop before the last of the US troops there depart? Because this maniac has a hard on for the Chinese and Russians beyond the Chinese and Russians.

And Trump would say he loves any would-be and actual dictator, because that's what he aspires to be.

The Philippines weren't going to be part of the TPP, but part of the rationale behind its usefulness was that it would have helped to check Chinese influence and Chinese imperialism in Asia. With us pulling out of it we will see a lot of these Asian countries falling even further under Chinese hegemony. Considering Trump's hostility towards China it is somewhat surprising that he hasn't suggested an about face on the TPP, if nothing else, that would probably have been a more subtle, and likely more constructive, bargaining maneuver than to suggest an end to the One China policy.