Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Book 12: The Gathering Storm (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another Gauntlet Thrown Down by Brandon (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2514)

One Armed Gimp 11-19-2009 09:31 AM

What about Beidomon and Bayle Domon?

Cary Sedai 11-19-2009 09:38 AM

Luc/Isam/Slayer
He's realated to Rand
He's more than one person
He's somehow linked to TAR
He's somehow linked to the Tower of Ghenji

Rand is connected to Moridin, Rand went to TAR in the flesh, Rand's been to the Tower of Ghenji.

Mins viewings about Rand and the other face becoming one (which of course could have been the end of TGS, obviously)

Prophesies, to live you must die... Luc/Isam/Slayer seems to have done that-ish

I have no further speculation, tie it together or shred it apart however you'd like :)

ETA: I didn't read the whole thread, so I may be repeating. That is all, carry on :p

Yuri33 11-19-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
So, what's your point? Luca's an Ex-Tinker.

I love it: whenever anyone points out a Tinker-like quality, you claim its because he used to be a Tinker. Whenever anyone points out a non-Tinker-like quality, you claim its because he's an ex-Tinker and has changed.

Additionally: whenever anyone points out a Dai'shan-like quality, its because he is a Dai'shan reborn. Whenever anyone points out a non-Dai'shan-like quality, it's because he's an ex-Dai'shan Aiel.

Seriously, is there any trait that would disprove your ridiculous claim? If there's no way to disprove it, then it really isn't a theory, is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
"Jealous of Rand", as the reason for Taim turning to the Shadow? No way.

I never claimed when he turned or even if that was the exclusive reason. He knew he was a false Dragon. That's enough to be jealous of whomever eventually became the real Dragon, whether he knew so or not. Taim seeks power--the same power he would have wielded had been the true Dragon Reborn.

Davian93 11-19-2009 09:59 AM

Arguing with Felixpax and bashing your head into a concrete wall have much the same effect in the end.

SauceyBlueConfetti 11-19-2009 11:46 AM

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davian93
Balwer is a DF and will kill Perrin.


EDIT: Nevermind, he was introduced in TDR and didn't meet Perrin till CoS/PoD.


Ya know, I just went back to my re-read and was in a Balwer part. That man seems to have ties to too many folks NOT to play some sort of additional roll. I was never quite sure if he was a creepy good guy, or a likeable bad guy.

Maybe we need a list of characters with "ends to tie up". I am sure it would make Felix happy, he could add Valan Luca to the list

Terez 11-19-2009 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davian93
Arguing with Felixpax and bashing your head into a concrete wall have much the same effect in the end.

Hence the I list.

Belazamon 11-19-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FelixPax
Nynaeve's pov in tFoH describes the acrobats as shirtless and in tight pants akin to Sea Folk clothing styles.

Acrobats wear few/tight clothes so that they can be acrobatic without getting tangled in their clothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
That's beside the tattoos they have in a Sea Folk manner.

I'm sure the Deathwatch Guard, the Seekers, and the Ayyad would be interested to know that they are all ex-Sea Folk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
Mat's pov describes Petra Anhill "as the mildest nature of any man Mat had ever met." (KoD Ch.7) Which does fit the behavioral traits of Tinker individuals, Perrin, Egwene & Elyas met in tEoW book.

By that logic, Aram was never actually a Tinker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
The Luca's Circus has wagons which are in Tinker styles as well.

Circuses are known for bright and gaudy colors as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
Luca's tells Elayne (pov) that he led a trip to Shara. Only Tinkers, Sea Folk and Aiel have access to Shara from the Westlands, in the last twenty years commonly (peddlers don't trade with Shara, but with the Aiel themselves, according to Thom's pov).

You're still wrong about this. Here's a quote from an actual Aiel:
Quote:

"Treekillers are fit for nothing except to be killed or sold as animals in Shara," Erim said grimly. Those were two of the things Aiel did to those who came into the Waste uninvited; only gleemen, peddlers, and Tinkers had safe passage, though Aiel avoided the Tinkers as if they carried fever. tFoH ch.2
Incidentally, I can't find that Thom PoV you cite.

In addition, we know for a fact that Luca was lying about at least one animal that he claimed to have gotten from Shara - the s'redit.

Spasmodean 11-19-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belazamon
In addition, we know for a fact that Luca was lying about at least one animal that he claimed to have gotten from Shara - the s'redit.

OMG! Luca is the Empress in disguise!

Belazamon 11-19-2009 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spasmodean
OMG! Luca is the Empress in disguise!

Nah, the Empress shaves her head.

Clearly she's Shienaran.

Spasmodean 11-19-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belazamon
Nah, the Empress shaves her head.

Clearly she's Shienaran.

Disguise!

ShadowbaneX 11-19-2009 02:30 PM

nah, he's clearly Demandred...or perhaps Mat. Mat was pretty good at using a bow.

Matoyak 11-19-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX
nah, he's clearly Demandred...or perhaps Mat. Mat was pretty good at using a bow.

Lucanandred as a wonderful ring to it. Seriously, say it out loud a few times. Lumatca...lucamat...maluca... Nah, Luca has to be Demandred. He can't be Mat 'cause the name doesn't flow well enough. :cool: :rolleyes:

ShadowbaneX 11-19-2009 10:30 PM

that's why no one would ever espect it! It's perfect! I mean he's even got the army that he talked about...well, parts of an army. He'll get the full army when he's back with the Band. And the hat too. Would Lanfear give that hat, the called the Hat of Awesome by some, to anyone? Know, she'd ensure that it's in the hands of someone useful: Demandred. It's perfect. Hummm, name brain storm: 'Dematdred'.

I'm so awesome it hurts some times.

FelixPax 11-20-2009 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belazamon
Acrobats wear few/tight clothes so that they can be acrobatic without getting tangled in their clothing.


I'm sure the Deathwatch Guard, the Seekers, and the Ayyad would be interested to know that they are all ex-Sea Folk.

Sea Folk have tattoos on their faces and hands. Deathwatch Guards & the Seekers, the tattos are on their back and/or shoulders. Totally different locations for each set of Tattoos.

Rand's Aiel vision in Rhuidean do show Da'Shain Aiel being enslaved an moved away on wagons. For all we know some of those Da'Shain later became Ayyad in what is now Shara territory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bela
In addition, we know for a fact that Luca was lying about at least one animal that he claimed to have gotten from Shara - the s'redit.

But I doubt Valan Luca was lying about that S'redit are in fact found also in Shara. He all but describes to'raken being found within Shara, and we know they are found in Seachan as well.

Elayne, Nynaeve lied to Valan Luca as well during their first meeting, each had reason not to disclose, or mislead what the whole truth was.

Belazamon 11-20-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FelixPax
Sea Folk have tattoos on their faces and hands. Deathwatch Guards & the Seekers, the tattos are on their back and/or shoulders. Totally different locations for each set of Tattoos.

Cool. Get back to me with a list of all the circus folk, and the locations of all of their tattoos. Then we can run a comparison study. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
Rand's Aiel vision in Rhuidean do show Da'Shain Aiel being enslaved an moved away on wagons. For all we know some of those Da'Shain later became Ayyad in what is now Shara territory.

So the non-channeling Aiel became the all-channeling Ayyad? Hmm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix
But I doubt Valan Luca was lying about that S'redit are in fact found also in Shara. He all but describes to'raken being found within Shara, and we know they are found in Seachan as well.

a) Find me some proof that s'redit are also found in Shara.

b) Raken and to'raken have been described as resembling giant lizards, or (from far away) possibly bats. Find me a quote where they have been described as birds.

Frenzy 11-20-2009 12:25 AM

Just to be a complete pain in the ass:
Quote:

TITLE: Great Hunt
CHAPTER: 47 - The Grave Is No Bar to My Call

Rogosh Eagle-eye, a fatherly looking man with white hair and eyes so sharp as to make his name merely a hint. Gaidal Cain, a swarthy man with the hilts of his two swords sticking above his broad shoulders. Golden-haired Birgitte, with her gleaming silver bow and quiver bristling with silver arrows. More. He knew their faces, knew their names. But he heard a hundred names when he looked at each face, some so different he did not recognize them as names at all, though he knew they were. Michael instead of Mikel. Patrick instead of Paedrig. Oscar instead of Otarin.
Felix loses points for not pointing this out already.

FelixPax 11-20-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davian93
Much of that is what we call CONJECTURE. Please label it as such in your posts. There is a difference between your opinion and what can and has been proven to be true in the books.

We highly believe that Taim is a Darkfriend. Its 99% probable. However, we have no idea when and how he became one. Joiya's "confession" might or might not have been true. Considering she was still able to channel and thus UNABLE to betray the DO due to her BA Oaths, I wouldn't use her supposed confession as proof of anything.

Verin betrayed her BA Oaths, so? Joiya indirectly betrayed her BA Oaths as well. Just as Meidani was able to betray the BA Hunters 4th Oaths, by showing Egwene rather than telling Egwene in tGS book. Oaths are subject to many loopholes, even you should know that by now.


Taim told Rand he had been channeling for years, at one point in the story. Taim was a darkfriend before Rand even left Fal Dara (tGH, ch.4), it an obvious deduction.

I now understand why Brandon Sanderson once said to a gathering why he doesn't post to fan forum much any more...too many people with angry replies. Stubborn people, and only tied to their own opinions. This is Theoryland, I had not hoped to find a bunch of sour people within this forum.

I received angry, mob like replies about my Hurin, Verin theories before tGS was released and it's just seems to repeating again about my more recent Valan Luca theories. :rolleyes:

Grow up. :mad:

FelixPax 11-20-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belazamon
So the non-channeling Aiel became the all-channeling Ayyad? Hmm.

Well, we do have the example of the Jenn Aiel (Rhuidean) becoming the current Age Aiel of the Waste, when they were cast out of the Jenn Aiel for using spears. Wise Ones Amys, Aviendha et al are very distance relatives of the Da'Shain Aiel and they can channel.


Quote:

a) Find me some proof that s'redit are also found in Shara.
Valan's Luca word is the only solid proof there is at the moment I can think of. However I do expect to see and learn more about Shara in the next book, ToM, likely from Noal, Valan Luca, or one of the Sea Folk, Aiel clan characters.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Bela
b) Raken and to'raken have been described as resembling giant lizards, or (from far away) possibly bats. Find me a quote where they have been described as birds.


Quote:

Originally Posted by tFoH book - Valan Luca speaking to Elayne's pov
Gigantic people twice the size of Ogier.” He made grand gestures to illustrate. “Beings with no heads. Birds big enough to carry off a full-grown bull. Snakes that can swallow a man. Cities made of solid gold. Descend, my Lady, and let me tell you.”

Noal/Jain Farstrider also describes, "Gigantic people" in the mountains and here Valan Luca describes birds will similar abilities to the Seanchan to'raken but from Shara.

--------------------------------------------------

Here another scene with Luca claiming to, "feel almost like a tav'eren" to Mat :D :

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoD book, Chapter 6 "A Stave and a Razor" - Mat pov speaking with Luca
"I expect twice as many visitors today, maybe three times as many, and tomorrow as well. People can't see everything in one visit, and here they can afford to come twice. Word of mouth, Cauthon. Word of mouth. That brings as many as Aludra's nightflowers. I feel almost like a ta'veren, the way things are falling out. Large audiences and the prospect of more. A warrant of protection from the High Lady." Luca cut off abruptly, looking faintly embarrassed, as if he had just remembered that Mat's name was on that warrant as being excluded from protection.
"You might not like it if you really were ta'veren," Mat muttered, which made the other man give him an odd look. He put a finger behind the black silk scarf that hid his hanging scar and tugged at it. For a moment, the thing had felt too tight.

And what is almost ta'veren? A Hero. :p

Trutino 11-20-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti
:D

Maybe we need a list of characters with "ends to tie up". I am sure it would make Felix happy, he could add Valan Luca to the list

Here is what I've come up with so far. I wasn't sure where to put it so if someone wants to move it or improve it that's cool. It's not comprehensive. New additions welcome!

Major Plot Lines

Mat:

The rescue of Moiraine
Mat uses firearms in battle
Confronts the *Finns
New marriage
Mat's eye and the world
Verin's letter

Black Tower:

Battle at the Black Tower
More general conflicts in Andor?
Egwene confronts Rand
What is Taim and how did he get that way?

Perrin:

Perrin and his new nobility/broken crown
Perrin and the "song"

Rand:

Rand's relationship with the Seanchan
Deals with the Sea Folk
What do the Borderlanders want in Far Madding?

White Tower/Egwene

Another rescue for Egwene
Egwene works with a Seanchan woman

Last Battle:

Rand goes to Shayol Ghul
The three ta'varen
Breaking the seals
Wolves and the Last Hunt
Rand's women sit with "dead" Rand
Logain's glory
Lan's army
Padan Fain
What is Moridin doing up in the Blight?
Ituralde's Army
Slayer
Binding the nine moons/Crystal Throne issue
Reblowing the Horn of Valere
North/East, West/South as one
Rand's blood on rocks
Twice dawns the day
Role of Callandor

Lesser But Still Interesting Plot Points:

Forsaken:

Was Graendal really balefired?
Who killed Asmodean?
Mindtraps for Moghedian and Cyndane
Who is Mesaana posing as?
Where is Demandred?
Will Halima return?
Moridin's nihilism, etc.

Moiraine/Thom:

Marriage?
Thom's knives

Lan/Nynaeve:

Seven towers/baby with sword
"Sharina Sedai"

Egwene/Gawyn:

Gawyn's sigil on green, not red field
Will Egwene bond Gawyn?

Rand/Min/Aviendha/Elayne:

Avi returns to the Waste
Elayne has twins
Avi has four strange babies
Elayne bathes and picks out dresses
Elayne and Avi work with ter'angreal
Rand's bond with Alanna
Rand merges with other man/bond with Moridin?
Alivia helps Rand die
Rand and the True Power

Aes Sedai/White Tower:

Verin's Revelations/Letters/Notes
Carlinya's raven tattoo
Faolain's great life
Missing Aes Sedai at Black Tower
Guardians balance the servants
Where is Alviarin?
Will we see Elaida again?

Misc. Characters (including characters who will likely play an unknown role later on):

Berelain falls in love with man in white
Morgase/Galad reunion onscreen
Will Gaidal Cain make an appearance?
Something dark about Bashere
Gaul/Bain/Chiad
Sebban Balwer
Shaidar Haran
Siuan and Gareth get married?
Leane is still around
Olver
Noal Charin
Valan Luca
Egeanin and Bayle
Juilin and Thera
Cadsuane teaches Rand and "all the Asha'man"
Loial
Ogier from both continents meet
Narishma "follows after"

Misc. general:

Shaido return to the Waste
Aiel will be a remnant of a remnant
Dragonmount
Shara?
Tinker song
Dealing with Seanchan ideas about channeling

ETA: The strange clouds and "gathering storm"

Spasmodean 11-20-2009 04:20 AM

Misc. Characters (including characters who will likely play an unknown role later on):
Faoilain's bright future (as per Min's viewing).


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.