Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Book 12: The Gathering Storm (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Another Gauntlet Thrown Down by Brandon (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2514)

Matoyak 11-04-2009 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez
We meaning everyone in this thread.

Awh. So nothing Ogier? Damn.

That said, I still wanna know when the last time we saw the Ogier Book of Dhoom and Cookies was. (and what the hell it's real name is)

Terez 11-04-2009 04:40 AM

If the Ogier weren't mentioned before your post, then we can't rule them out. But if they were mentioned before, then we can.

Terez 11-04-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana

I just noticed your signature. Don't you have an account here already under 'Deadsy'? Or maybe that was just at ezboard....

Matoyak 11-04-2009 04:45 AM

Quote:

If the Ogier weren't mentioned before your post, then we can't rule them out. But if they were mentioned before, then we can.

They were, but indirectly, and nothing about their book. The book was really the focus of my post.

Terez 11-04-2009 04:46 AM

Well, the Book of Translation wasn't introduced in books 4-6 - it wasn't introduced till Knife of Dreams. And it's not a small detail either, and we've discussed it plenty. So we can rule that out.

Matoyak 11-04-2009 04:48 AM

Quote:

Well, the Book of Translation wasn't introduced in books 4-6 - it wasn't introduced till Knife of Dreams. And it's not a small detail either, and we've discussed it plenty. So we can rule that out.

Thanks, that's mostly what I was looking for. :D

GonzoTheGreat 11-04-2009 05:14 AM

Book 4-6 was mainly Asmodean's Tale, wasn't it?

Terez 11-04-2009 05:20 AM

I doubt he was talking about Asmodean. Doesn't seem to fit anything he said.

Mort 11-04-2009 07:19 AM

Time to do a re-read of books 4-6 and write down all the possible things that might come up as a hook later on. Compare each others lists and then select a few that might fit.

The search parameter should be something like:

1. A small detail that has been brought up (in either book 4 - 6) but never discussed in the books, so it's been easily missed as a talking point.

2. Apperently, it's something that hasn't been discussed at all or extremely little on the messageboards, at least according to BS. We'll slap our head when figuring out what it is though. Something obvious hiding in plain sight.

3. Because BS wasn't really sure which book it were introduced in, I think we can rule out scene's and chapters of great significance. The attack on sammael, rahvin etc should constitute such a scene. This is not 100% bulletproof though. Either BS actually just forgot or he might have said book 4-6 to just throw us off the trail... It might give us a priority list of things to read though, ie, boring chapters first ;)

Since Rand is ahead in the timeframe than Mat and Perrin, we've (I think) concluded that those two will get much more air time in next book, an equal of Rand or even more? It may be valid to assume that the "minor detail" will affect or involve Mat or Perrin somehow

I'm almost certain that fortellings, prophecies and viewings aren't something that has been missed. Those has been gone over pretty thoroughly.

ShadowbaneX 11-04-2009 09:38 AM

care to cite where you're getting the example that we're off track?

Terez 11-04-2009 02:47 PM

No.

Belazamon 11-04-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

No.

Then don't use it.

Terez 11-04-2009 03:03 PM

lol, you guys can continue to concentrate on the above things if you like. But they are incorrect, so I will be looking for other things.

Or, you guys could trust me, that I know what I'm talking about but can't reveal my source. ;)

Belazamon 11-04-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

lol, you guys can continue to concentrate on the above things if you like. But they are incorrect, so I will be looking for other things.

That's cool. I just thought you were the one complaining about "intellectual dishonesty" recently.

EDIT: Apparently you edited while I was responding. That would have been a nice thing to know first.

Crispin's Crispian 11-04-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belazamon
Then don't use it.

I believe we were told that she can use it.

In any case, the detail is clearly that stupid fly that's always flying around in Tel'aran'rhiod. Or wait...was that introduced at the end of Book 3?

Terez 11-04-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belazamon
That's cool. I just thought you were the one complaining about "intellectual dishonesty" recently.

What does this have to do with that?

JSUCamel 11-04-2009 03:07 PM

Quote:

Or, you guys could trust me, that I know what I'm talking about but can't reveal my source. ;)

Would you trust us?

Belazamon 11-04-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

What does this have to do with that?

See edit.

Terez 11-04-2009 03:09 PM

@Camel - Don't see why not.

Like I said, I don't care if you trust me or not. You can continue to discuss the above things if you like.

@Bela - that's pretty much what I said the first time I mentioned it. It should have been intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that I knew something but could not reveal my source.

Belazamon 11-04-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Like I said, I don't care if you trust me or not. You can continue to discuss the above things if you like.

Hooray! Hey guys, we can keep trying to figure it out. :)

Hmm, when did Dream-Bela first materialize? We haven't seen her since... that we know of...