Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Book 12: The Gathering Storm (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Is ******* a Darkfriend? (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2523)

Terez 11-02-2009 02:58 AM

Is ******* a Darkfriend?
 
Meaning Sorilea, or Bair. Only Sorilea and Bair saw where Cadsuane kept the Domination Band. It could have been Bair that betrayed them, and Shaidar Haran that nullified the weaves to fetch it. But attention was drawn earlier in the chapter to the fact that Sorilea picked up on Semirhage's bonds and blinders without even having seen them woven - Cadsuane thinks that she is a very quick learner. And Cadsuane only showed Sorilea the box to repay the debt from Sorilea showing her how to weave a gateway:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ
TITLE - The Path of Daggers
CHAPTER: 12 - New Alliances

"Most men will take what is offered, if it seems attractive and pleasant," Sorilea said. "Once, we thought of Rand al’Thor so. Unfortunately, it is too late to change the path we walk. Now, he suspects whatever is offered freely. Now, if I wanted him to accept something, I would pretend I did not want him to have it. If I wanted to stay close to him, I would pretend indifference to whether I ever saw him again." Once more, those eyes focused on Cadsuane, green augers. Not trying to see what lay inside her head. The woman knew. Some, at least. Enough, or too much.

Still, Cadsuane felt a rising thrill of possibility. If she had had any doubts that Sorilea wanted to feel her out, they were gone. And you did not feel out someone in this manner unless you hoped for some agreement. "Do you believe a man must be hard?" she asked. She was taking a chance. "Or strong?" By her tone, she left no doubt she saw a difference.

Again Sorilea touched the tray; the smallest of smiles might have quirked her lips for an instant. Or not. "Most men see the two as one and the same, Cadsuane Melaidhrin. Strong endures; hard shatters."

Cadsuane drew breath. A chance she would have scoured anyone else for taking. But she was not anyone else, and sometimes chances had to be taken. "The boy confuses them," she said. "He needs to be strong, and makes himself harder. Too hard, already, and he will not stop until he is stopped. He has forgotten how to laugh except in bitterness; there are no tears left in him. Unless he finds laughter and tears again, the world faces disaster. He must learn that even the Dragon Reborn is flesh. If he goes to Tarmon Gai’don as he is, even his victory may be as dark as his defeat."

Sorilea listened intently, and kept silent even after Cadsuane finished. Those green eyes studied her. "Your Dragon Reborn and your Last Battle are not in our prophecies," Sorilea said at last. "We have tried to make Rand al’Thor know his blood, but I fear he sees us as only another spear. If one spear breaks in your hand, you do not pause to mourn before taking up another. Perhaps you and I aim at targets not too far apart."

"Perhaps we do," Cadsuane said cautiously. Targets even a hand apart might be not at all alike.

Abruptly, the glow of saidar surrounded the leather-faced woman. She was weak enough to make Daigian look at least moderately strong. But then, Sorilea’s strength did not lie in the Power. "There is a thing you may find useful," she said. "I cannot make it work, but I can weave the flows to show you." She did just that, laying feeble skeins that fell into place and melted, too poor to do what they were intended for. "It is called Traveling," Sorilea said.

This time, Cadsuane’s jaw dropped. Alanna and Kiruna and the rest denied teaching the Wise Ones how to link, or a number of other skills they suddenly seemed to have, and Cadsuane had assumed the Aiel had managed to wring them out of the sisters held in the tents. But this was...

Impossible, she would have said, yet she did not believe Sorilea was lying. She could hardly wait to try the weave herself. Not that it was of much use immediately. Even if she knew exactly where the wretched boy was, she had to make him come to her. Sorilea was right about that. "A very great gift," she said slowly. "I have nothing I can give you to compare."

This time, there was no doubt of the brief smile that flashed across Sorilea’s lips. She knew very well that Cadsuane was in her debt. Taking up the heavy golden pitcher with both hands, she carefully filled the small white cups. With plain water. She did not spill a drop.

"I offer you water oath," she said solemnly, picking up one of the cups. "By this, we are bound as one, to teach Rand al’Thor laughter and tears." She sipped, and Cadsuane imitated her.

"We are bound as one." And if their targets turned out not to be the same at all? She did not underestimate Sorilea as ally or opponent, but Cadsuane knew which target had to be struck, at any cost.

So, is it Sorilea, or is she the red herring? We've had one short and rather unrevealing point of view from Sorilea, and none from Bair.

Why would Sorilea call in her debt just to see the Domination Band?

Incidentally, the first half of this chapter is Graendal, meeting Cyndane, Moghedien, and Shaidar Haran, and the icon is the square with the serpent weaving in and out of it.

Calharn 11-02-2009 03:27 AM

I immediately assumed that it was Elza who used the domination band with Semi who broke into the box. I never thought to think back to how she knew of the box's location. I can't remember whether or not the Elza was one with the knowledge of Cadsuane's hiding place.

I also had a second thought of SH coming and using his power to dissipate weaves to get to them and bring word to Elza to make her move to free Semi. But this is more wild imagination of late night reading than anything based upon fact. The main reason I thought of this was Cadsuane's pure shock at the box being broken into. Removing Cadsuane while freeing Semi and causing Rand/LTT pain could be important enough to warrant a visit from the Hand of the DO.

On the quote about Sorilea smiling I think that is more RJ showing us how Cadsuane and Sorilea match up against one another. Cadsuane mentions her as being her only "equal" she has met.

With that fact and the survival of the Aiel on depending on Rand. I believe Sorilea would consider calling in that favor to see the weapon that could destroy Rand (and therefore the Aiel remnant) a fair trade.

Terez 11-02-2009 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calharn
I immediately assumed that it was Elza who used the domination band with Semi who broke into the box. I never thought to think back to how she knew of the box's location. I can't remember whether or not the Elza was one with the knowledge of Cadsuane's hiding place.

Nobody knew where it was. It was Cadsuane's secret, only shared with Sorilea and Bair.

Anaiya Sedai 11-02-2009 03:56 AM

I'd have to re-read the passage, but my gutfeeling was that it was Shaidar Haran who must have somehow found out where it was. That guy knows everything anyway..
Sorilea never struck me as a darkfriend, and neither did Bair. The scene with Semirhage, to me, confirmed that feeling.

Terez 11-02-2009 03:58 AM

That was my gut feeling as well, but this is a big discussion over at 13th depository right now, so I figured I'd bring it here. The Sorilea idea does have merits, despite her appearing to be on the right team. Bair....there's nothing to support it, but nothing to really contradict the idea, either.

Anaiya Sedai 11-02-2009 04:06 AM

The main reason I don't think either of them are darkfriends is their very strong sense of honour.
And the fact that it said in one of the earlier Aiel chapters (before that Aiel DF tries to kill Mat, I think), that DFs amongst Aiel are rare.
Past actions of the two wise ones don't really speak for either of them being darkfriends, either.

Terez 11-02-2009 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaiya Sedai
The main reason I don't think either of them are darkfriends is their very strong sense of honour.

Melindhra had a strong sense of honor as well. I think all Aiel probably do, except the Shaido, lol...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaiya
And the fact that it said in one of the earlier Aiel chapters (before that Aiel DF tries to kill Mat, I think), that DFs amongst Aiel are rare.

I don't recall that, and I tried to find it without any luck. I remember that Darkfriends are rare among the sul'dam (perhaps because it is one of the highest positions in society, so there's no incentive to try to get higher because there is no possibility for sul'dam to do anything differently), and we also have the assumption that there are no Darkfriends among the Kin because the Black Ajah was unaware of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaiya
Past actions of the two wise ones don't really speak for either of them being darkfriends, either.

I don't know that they really speak against. We've had Darkfriends before that seemed like good people until we got to know them better.

Tercel 11-02-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calharn
I immediately assumed that it was Elza who used the domination band with Semi who broke into the box. I never thought to think back to how she knew of the box's location. I can't remember whether or not the Elza was one with the knowledge of Cadsuane's hiding place.

As I read, I assumed that Elza had spied on Cadsuane and learned where she put the domination band. Semirhage would have no trouble removing Cadsuance's weaves unless they were inverted... which I don't recall.

But at the time of reading I did have a twinge of "it's awfully suspicious that Sorilea and Bair just asked Cadsuane to tell them where it was".

Terez 11-02-2009 04:34 AM

Yes, that's the strangest part about it. And it was Sorilea that asked, and it was clear from the scene that she was calling in her debt for teaching Cadsuane. A very strange thing to call it in for.

That being said, it's really hard to see her as a Darkfriend.

Lord Bloodpath 11-02-2009 04:44 AM

I don't like this idea. I now want to transfer that dislike to you Terez, for making me think it is likely. you are mean. I do think you're wrong though.

I assumed that it was SH who got the DB, he probly walked into Casduane's room, sensed the evil of the DB, turned on his anti-magic field and then opened the box. Or he could've searched the trunk first, it's not like she had so many hiding spots.

I don't think Sorilea was so much calling in her favor as just expecting to be obeyed. did i miss anything?

Terez 11-02-2009 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Bloodpath
I do think you're wrong though.

About what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LB
I don't think Sorilea was so much calling in her favor as just expecting to be obeyed. did i miss anything?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ/BS
TITLE - The Gathering Storm
CHAPTER: 14 - A Box Opens

Sorilea did not seem convinced, but she pressed the issue no further. "And the item?" she asked. "May I see it?"

Cadsuane almost snapped a no. But . . . Sorilea had taught Cadsuane Traveling, and incredibly powerful tool. That had been an offering, a hand extended. Cadsuane needed to work with these women, Sorilea most of all. Al'Thor was a bigger project than one woman could handle.

Why even ask to see it?

Lord Bloodpath 11-02-2009 06:06 AM

Let me apologize, rereading my prior post now it's more offensive than cute.

and I actually meant wrong about either of them being DF's, but you just asked the Q, you didn't assert anything....

As to calling in the favor, it's CS who decides to weigh showing the DB against learning traveling. Yes, Sorilea asks to see it, but she's used to having her curiosity indulged. She could've just wanted to know what to keep an eye out for in case there's another floating around she could be all, "oh no you don't!" instead of, "I wonder why someone would wear such an ugly bracelet or carry such a necklace."

One Armed Gimp 11-02-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez
Melindhra had a strong sense of honor as well. I think all Aiel probably do, except the Shaido, lol...

I like how you contradict yourself there, or maybe you have forgotten that Melindhra was a Shaido that stayed with Rand and Co.

I really do not see that of either of those two, but Sorilea the least. There are any number of ways that Semi could have gotten the bands. However, I think the simplest explanation would be that one of them was a DF.

Davian93 11-02-2009 06:52 AM

I love it. It'd be very interesting if its true.

1Powerslave 11-02-2009 10:19 AM

It might have been common knowledge among the Aes Sedai that Cadsuane had kept a male a'dam close to her. Everyone probably knew that she wanted to test the male a'dam on the Asha'man (she said she had asked Rand about it), like she had tested the a'dam on herself. Everyone knew she had all of the ter'angreal recovered from Semirhage. Even the Wise Ones knew to ask.
So where does she have them? Under her dress? No. In her room is the next place to look. That she stashed Callandor with friends far away, but if Shaidar Haran only knew that she had kept one male a'dam with her, it was enough for him to find it at will I should think. He then gave it to Elza who waited with it for Semirhage.

I do agree though, that Shaidar Haran wouldn't go and initiate this rescue of Semirhage unless he was sure to get hold of The Domination Band. That is, if he was sure that Cadsuane had kept one with her. He doesn't need to know exactly where in the camp it is, that is obvious.

I did not at all get the feeling that Sorilea was calling in the favor gained for showing Travelling. She just thought that it was a small request that should be well within the terms of them working together. Cadsuane recognised that if she denied Sorilea this simple request (which in no way compares to the gift of Travelling of course, which Cadsuane, Sorilea and we know), she would jeapordise her trust/working relationship with Sorilea. It is clear that Sorilea did not want to trade Travelling for seeing the Sad Bracelets alone and call it even. Possibly she expect that seeing them along with a dozen other small favors would compare to Travelling.

If anything I think it is strange that Cadsuane would hesitate showing this to Sorilea, it's such a simple request.

Sorilea and Bair comments on that it is unwise to keep something so dangerous to the Car'a'carn so close to him. And they are right about that. Which is reason enough to ask to see it. Cadsuane wants to test it because it is dangerous and; Bair thinks that testing with it is evil, Sorilea appearantly agrees with Cadsuane that it would be useful to test it on some of the men.

Terez 11-02-2009 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Armed Gimp
I like how you contradict yourself there, or maybe you have forgotten that Melindhra was a Shaido that stayed with Rand and Co.

Yeah, but she wasn't with the Shaido when they started abandoning ji'e'toh, which was the point.

Wunderwaffe 11-02-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Armed Gimp
I like how you contradict yourself there, or maybe you have forgotten that Melindhra was a Shaido that stayed with Rand and Co.

I really do not see that of either of those two, but Sorilea the least. There are any number of ways that Semi could have gotten the bands. However, I think the simplest explanation would be that one of them was a DF.

She was a Maiden of the Spear. That takes precedence over her clan, sept. Maidens are perhaps the most prickly about their honor in the entire Aiel society. You will recall how the Car'a'carn was, at times, guarded by Maidens of the Shaido -- his enemies. It doesn't matter that Melindhra was Shaido. She was a Maiden. As such, she was honorable.

thisiscooling 11-02-2009 12:03 PM

Could Elza have used Compulsion on Sorilea or Bair?

One Armed Gimp 11-02-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wunderwaffe
She was a Maiden. As such, she was honorable.

My point was not that she wasn't honorable, just that he made a contradiction.

Wunderwaffe 11-02-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Armed Gimp
My point was not that she wasn't honorable, just that he made a contradiction.

Terez is actually a she. ;)

4Alethinos 11-02-2009 01:38 PM

Just one aside about the lack of DFs among the Aiel. They had this interesting tendency to kill strangers. They were also outside what most thought were the main locations of power. They were not considered to be useful.

We see the Aes Sedai riddled with Black Ajah. The total numbers are staggering to me. Over 60 in the SAS and over 80 in the WT. With who knows how many who were not in either location. The AS with the Borderlander army, clearly being led by Demandred, are also going to be Black Ajah every one.

I doubt the Black status of either Sorilea or Bair. Shadar Haran being on the scene is enough to gain access. This does suggest that someone other than Elza who is close to Cadsuane is Black.

"Suspicions can be deadly. Bring on the Oath Rod."

Terez 11-02-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Alethinos
Just one aside about the lack of DFs among the Aiel.

So far as I know, this is not actually true.

Lord Bloodpath 11-02-2009 03:40 PM

Thanks, 1Powerslave, for saying everything I was trying to, but more eloquently.

I thought I recognized one of the BA names on Verin's List as being someone (besides Elza) in Rand's orbit but have been too busy/lazy to check.

I don't see why Elza was compelled at all, is this idea talked about elsewhere? I was puzzled by that while reading and I sort of thought maybe Graendal did it, but SH's involvement makes me wonder why any other high level evil needs to be part of it (besides Semi.)

FelixPax 11-02-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez
That was my gut feeling as well, but this is a big discussion over at 13th depository right now, so I figured I'd bring it here. The Sorilea idea does have merits, despite her appearing to be on the right team. Bair....there's nothing to support it, but nothing to really contradict the idea, either.

Well, if Sorilea was a darkfriend why did she work with Verin Sedai in openly passing off a Sleeping potion which if used incorrectly can kill easily?

The point being Sorilea by that time, was unsure of Cadsuane's intentions towards Rand possibly, and gave Verin the option of killing Cadsuane if necessary by poisoning her.

Verin had gained a debt from Sorilea, in passing information how to shame the captured unsworn Aes Sedai from the White Tower...which Verin later used to investigate each one of them possible except for Katerine. Verin later complained of sleeping difficulties and headaches. That's one reason Verin get that sleeping potion, err poison from Sorilea. The question in my mind, is did Sorilea know the true intent of use for the sleeping potion? I think so, yes, she did know the real intention. How is this? Because there are far less poisonous substitutes available a Wise One like Sorilea could of gave instead of the one that almost killed Cadsuane by Verin's own hand.

Sorilea didn't fully trust Cadsuane at all, in KoD book, in fact Sorilea and Cadsuane's views were in conflict in Cairhien. Who's to be the next leader of Cairhien? This can be seen in the proxy fight between Sashalle and Samitsu; Sashalle is a Wise One & an Aes Sedai who supports Sorilea and the Dragon Reborn intentions; while Samitsu supports Cadsuane views of the situation.

Neither Sorilea nor Cadsuane are darkfriends, they just have conflicting views about how the Dragon Reborn and his role, his powers of control. Yet the only darkfriend here, was Verin Sedai who used both Cadsuane, Sorilea for her own goals.

FelixPax 11-02-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Bloodpath
I thought I recognized one of the BA names on Verin's List as being someone (besides Elza) in Rand's orbit but have been too busy/lazy to check.

All the Aes Sedai sent by Elaida to captured Rand in Cairhien, might be in fact Black Ajah. Some of the sisters were in Arad Doman and later Tear, as part of Rand's party of followers. Rand's in danger, as the Dark One has learned his followers have been manipulated by Compulsion...meaning Beldeine Nyram loyalty is uncertain, she might be a Black Ajah.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Bloodpath
I don't see why Elza was compelled at all, is this idea talked about elsewhere? I was puzzled by that while reading and I sort of thought maybe Graendal did it, but SH's involvement makes me wonder why any other high level evil needs to be part of it (besides Semi.)

Verin Sedai used Compulsion on the captured Aes Sedai sent by Elaida to Cairhien (see TPoD,Prologue for that scene). That compulsion is why all those sister sworn to follow Rand, weeks, months after being captured. That compulsion put in place by Verin, might be able to be removed via the TAR for all we know??

Graendal did not put compulsion on Elza, that was Verin, in this case.

1Powerslave 11-02-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez
"Just one aside about the lack of DFs among the Aiel." --4A
So far as I know, this is not actually true.

It sounds familiar. Darkfriends being rare among the Aiel.

Terez 11-02-2009 05:23 PM

Well, maybe someone can find a quote then. :)

1Powerslave 11-02-2009 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez
Well, maybe someone can find a quote then. :)

Hey, I'm not the Quote Mistress. :)

Xelun 11-02-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chapter 21 of ACoS
“It is Jaichim Carridin who interests me,” Aviendha said, closing the book and setting it beside her. She refused to consider how odd she looked, sitting on the floor in a blue silk dress. “Among us, Shadowrunners are killed as soon as found, and not clan, sept, society or first-sister will raise a hand in protest. If Jaichim Carridin is a Shadowrunner, why does Tylin Mitsobar not kill him? Why do we not?”

I found this in reference to Darkfriends being rare among the Aiel. I can't remember if this is the quote that originally caused that impression for me, but it was the best I could find.

greatwolf 11-02-2009 07:54 PM

How do you quantify "rare" in a poulation of six million or more? Or among 500 channelers per clan?

But sorilea being DF seems a little farfetched. She wouldn't have lived so long if she was. Something about occupational hazards that I don't recall clearly.

Terez 11-02-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Powerslave
Hey, I'm not the Quote Mistress. :)

I already looked, and didn't find one. I found Xelun's quote, but it doesn't even imply that Darkfriends are rare among the Aiel - just says they're killed as soon as they are discovered.

Lord Bloodpath 11-02-2009 09:20 PM

Felix- am i understanding that Verin compelled Elza to help Semi?

who buys that?

As to Aiel DF's, I could see instant death being a small deterrent to the ranks.

In the wetlands, DF's are feared, and there're a couple of ways one could turn capture into victory. But death is death, it doesn't really turn into anything else.

I don't remember anything directly indicating rareness, only the constant threat of death from everything making a culture less conducive to DF's.
I always figured the % was about equal with Borderlander DF's

nameless 11-02-2009 09:57 PM

If it weren't for Shaidar Haran's involvement I'd say you were on to something. As it is we know Fades can smell the One Power, so Cadsuane's convoluted traps probably led him right to the thing. Although there's no evidence yet that he can smell inverted weaves the same as regular weaves...

tworiverswoman 11-02-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Bloodpath
Felix- am i understanding that Verin compelled Elza to help Semi?

who buys that?

Hiya, LB -- it's nice to see you here again :)

And no - you've got it mixed up. After Dumai's Wells -- Rand's rescue from "the box" -- Verin spent quite a bit of time with the captured Aes Sedai after they'd been turned over to the Aiel. During her visits, she laid a home-made version of compulsion on each of them, which caused them all to swear fealty to Rand, eventually.

When Shadar Haran freed Semirage in Chapter 22 of TGS, she exited her cell to find Elza (one of the ones Verin treated that way) kneeling and swearing service to her. Elza then said "I am instructed to tell you that there is Compulsion in my mind you are to remove." When next you see her, she looks like someone has hit her in the back of the head with a board. But she's still sane and functional. (As much as a Darkfriend CAN be sane...)

As a minor grumbly aside -- how did the Forsaken actually know anything about the Sad Bracelets, anyway? They were made DURING THE BREAKING, when all of the Forsaken (except MAYBE Ishamael) were in Time Stop inside the Dark One's prison. And yet both Moggy and Semi seem to know all about them and how they are used.

Weird Harold 11-02-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tworiverswoman
... yet both Moggy and Semi seem to know all about them and how they are used.

Moggy explained her knowledge to Nyneave; she spent the first months of her freedom researching what had happened in the last 3,000 years and discovered the history of them. Moggy's paranoia or deliberate deception skewed her explanation a bit when she implied they were to be used by one woman but could be used by two if they trusted each other.

FelixPax 11-02-2009 10:57 PM

Thanks for answering clearly Lord Bloodpath question, tworiverswoman. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tworiverswoman
As a minor grumbly aside -- how did the Forsaken actually know anything about the Sad Bracelets, anyway? They were made DURING THE BREAKING, when all of the Forsaken (except MAYBE Ishamael) were in Time Stop inside the Dark One's prison. And yet both Moggy and Semi seem to know all about them and how they are used.

Semirhage could of learned of them from one of the Black Ajah after being released from the Bore. Liandrin, Temaile, Eldrith Jhondar knew of them at the very least, maybe from Mesaana in the White Tower who was in her faction?

Yet Semirhage mentions (in tGS) past use of the Domination Bands but she leaves out when that was. :rolleyes:

I doubt Ishamael's original plans involved the use of the sad bracelets on Rand. Ishamael tried the bullying and information warfare methods first.

GonzoTheGreat 11-03-2009 04:20 AM

Moghedien suggested that she had found some scraps of paper which provided information on the DB. That may or may not have been the truth, but all things considered, she didn't have any reason to lie at the time. She was trying to distract Nynaeve, and telling lies during a battle is not a good idea when it may see you confused as a result of trying to keep your story straight.

Semirage is actually a lot easier still: she had been in control of the things for days, weeks or maybe even months. All it would have required for her was one male channeler (easily borrowed from the BT if you're a Chosen) and some time to experiment.

1Powerslave 11-03-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
Moghedien suggested that she had found some scraps of paper which provided information on the DB. That may or may not have been the truth, but all things considered, she didn't have any reason to lie at the time. She was trying to distract Nynaeve, and telling lies during a battle is not a good idea when it may see you confused as a result of trying to keep your story straight.

Semirage is actually a lot easier still: she had been in control of the things for days, weeks or maybe even months. All it would have required for her was one male channeler (easily borrowed from the BT if you're a Chosen) and some time to experiment.

Yeah, didn't Semirhage say that she had studied The Domination Band in this age, referring as well to her time with the Seanchan and her experience with the a'dam.

GonzoTheGreat 11-03-2009 09:48 AM

Come to think of it: Semirage could even have used a male channeler that she wouldn't have to return in one piece. All it would have taken is for Taim to hand a "runaway" over to her, and all he would need back eventually is the head so that he can hang it in his tree.

Anaiya Sedai 11-03-2009 09:56 AM

Terez, I'll have a look through the books some time (when Veloscaraptor gives me a break long enough) and will try to find you the quote that gave me that impression.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.