Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Book Tour: The Gathering Storm (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   NYC signing - today (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2596)

WinespringBrother 11-16-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez
This has been added to the interview database. WSB - you said there was more to come from the Q&A. Was that posted as a Stormleader report? I have only done 11 of them so far.

We are submitting multiple reports, so one of the Storm Leaders is currently compiling them for Jason to post. My report went into more depth/details on some of the questions and answers, so you may want to update the database from that report. This was more of a quick and dirty report for TL use.

Terez 11-16-2009 04:11 PM

Yeah, I saw Peter's report at 13th Depository. Looks pretty much the same - some better wording perhaps, but no new info that I saw. I'll probably go back and substitute that later, but for now, what you gave us is good.

WinespringBrother 11-22-2009 11:21 AM

Here is the link for the NYC Storm Leader report:

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=1062

The Q&A section is heavily abridged, so I will go over the previous post in this thread and make sure all the relevant answers are included.

Marie Curie 7 11-23-2009 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinespringBrother (Post 74341)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FelixPax
Did Brandon say anything about the identities of the remaining four moles of Elaida, she planted in the Salidar group???

2. We didn't ask about the other moles, so, no.

As far as I know, this is just a Felix-ism. There is no book evidence that Elaida sent any moles other than Beonin to Salidar, and there is certainly no evidence that there were four other moles. He's most likely talking about Elaida's thoughts here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ
TITLE: Crown of Swords
CHAPTER: Prologue - Lightnings

She smiled down on her palace-to-be. "Three hundred rebels, yes, but you should read Tarna's account again. At least a hundred are on the point of breaking already." She trusted Tarna to some extent, a Red with no room in her head for nonsense, and she said the rebels were ready to jump at shadows. Quietly desperate sheep looking for a shepherd, she said. A wilder, of course, yet still sensible. Tarna should be back soon, and able to give a fuller report. Not that it was needed. Elaida's plans were already working among the rebels. But that was her secret.

But when Beonin returned to the Tower after Egwene's capture, Elaida thinks this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ
TITLE: Knife of Dreams
CHAPTER: 2 - The Dark One's Touch

Tarna complied, and Beonin gave her a nod as if in gratitude. A small gratitude. Those large blue-gray eyes might make Beonin appear constantly startled, but she was a very composed woman. Combine composure with a wholehearted dedication to the law and also ambition, which she possessed in as great a measure, and Elaida had known immediately that Beonin was the one to send off after the sisters fleeing the Tower. And the woman had failed utterly! Oh, she had apparently sowed a little dissension, but really, she had achieved nothing of what Elaida had expected from her. Nothing! She would find her rewards commensurate with her failure.

Note that Elaida thinks that Beonin was the one to send to Salidar. She doesn't think of any other moles, just Beonin. Thus, I think that we can conclude that there were no others. :)

WinespringBrother 11-23-2009 10:31 PM

Maybe he was thinking of the Sitters that the Ajah Heads sent (that's what I thought of from his question)

Marie Curie 7 11-23-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinespringBrother (Post 77737)
Maybe he was thinking of the Sitters that the Ajah Heads sent (that's what I thought of from his question)

I kinda doubt that, actually, since Felix specifically referred to them as the moles that Elaida sent. And as far as we know, Elaida knew nothing about what the Ajah Heads did in sending Sitters to Salidar. Also, he refers to the "remaining moles"....meaning the other ones he thought were there besides Beonin.