Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Book 13: Towers of Midnight (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Jason Denzel's (of Dragonmount) Towers of Midnight Review (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4009)

Terez 10-14-2010 10:40 PM

I find it pretty easy to ignore responses to him. There are so few. Every now and then I click 'view post', but I always regret it.

Wunderwaffe 10-14-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nameless (Post 112350)
I figured it meant Olver was going to kill somebody. It's a natural consequence of a child being raised by professional soldiers and a tragic loss of innocence and a comment on the price of victory. It could even be done with humor depending on how it's written.

The simplest and neatest explanation.

Probably correct.

TankSpill 10-15-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wunderwaffe (Post 117247)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nameless
I figured it meant Olver was going to kill somebody. It's a natural consequence of a child being raised by professional soldiers and a tragic loss of innocence and a comment on the price of victory. It could even be done with humor depending on how it's written.

The simplest and neatest explanation.

Probably correct.

Yeah, I'm liking this idea a lot too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluedust (Post 117239)
I'm on Dragonmount, I had him ignored, but then in posts I saw weird responses to stuff that made no sense so I figured I'd put up with it. But like I said before he's showing his hand way too freely lately with the Nynaeve and Lan going into the tower and yet he's still freely trolling.

Ah yes - the secret to the ignore button is, in fact, in rallying all the other members of the site to also ignore someone.

I haven't added him to my Ignore yet, but I am certainly more-and-more finding my eyes glazing over when I read his posts, and am therefore just skipping them now.

Sodas 10-16-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamyrlin (Post 117181)
I disagree. There is no reason to believe that TAR could not reflect the Physics of any given world. You have no proof and no way to refute Verin's statements that T'A'R exists in all worlds, including Perpendicular worlds. In fact, the Gap of Infinity clearly shows that TAR exists in all worlds. All of the Dreams of all worlds, even worlds that Egwene describes make her sick to just peek into, have dreams that are accessible in the GOI. All dreams have the capability of touching TAR. Another set of facts you will have a hard time refuting in any meaningful way.

If that were true, that TAR exists in all worlds and that Egwene could see the dreams from them all, then Egwene would have stumbled upon the dreams of the Aelfinn.

I base my objection to the idea that TAR is a constant on the following logic. What happens in an alternate world where the Shadow wins and the world is overrun with Blight? If the Blight covers the world, where is there TAR to be had? No where.

Quote:

Originally Posted by from the same 1996 signing report by Erica Sadun
Blight: you can not enter it from TAR because it is apart from NORMAL UNIVERSE and can not be touched. The Blight is not part of the normal universe.

Those worlds would logically be unable to support TAR. Now I get what Verin is saying, that if there are people, there will be TAR, it's a constant, but it doesn't mean every single world has TAR because logically it doesn't make sense. Verin isn't Herid Fel after all.

Quote:

Jordan described Aelfland's relationship to TAR as to that of a Stedding.
The word written down by the poster was similar. Similar doesn't mean it has to be the same, particularly since this is a 3rd hand quote.

halo6819 10-16-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TankSpill (Post 116100)
I found myself going back through some of Felix' posts the other day. I'm relatively new here (lurking for a long time, but not participating really until now), so I was curious if he's always been that way. I just found myself shaking my head the entire time. I'm honestly starting to feel that he is a prankster - I can't believe anyone could actually think what he thinks. Or, someone on this site once joked that "he's actually a computer program that was created to find every example of specific words and text in the series and link them together," or something along those lines. That's how I feel when I read his theories. The whole thing in another thread about "Nyneave being linked to Hightower 19 times," or whatever, just seems like pure lunacy to me.

But, the cool thing about a forum is, everyone can say whatever they want, and no one has to actually know that real person. Felix could be, for all we know, multiple individuals who get high together and post bizarre theories just to see what kinds of reactions they get. Seems just as likely to me...

felix is real, i have "met" him at signings.