Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   WoT Re-Read with Brandon Sanderson (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Time for a re-read! (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5069)

Juan 01-18-2011 11:49 PM

Time for a re-read!

First of all. I want to say I've never seen a forum on here say latest post: Never. And 0 threads, and 0 posts. Very historical moment for me, I know.

I was so tempted to post first, but I figured Tam would get very jealous if I beat him to the punch on his own site... :P

Anyway. Many of you have seen me say a few times on different posts that I will be doing a re-read soon. Well. The time has come! I'm sure I won't be the only one re-reading the series before AMOL is released. Man I'm excited and already getting a little sad for the end of the series.

Let the re-reads begin!

Terez 01-18-2011 11:52 PM

So, the point of this thread is....? :)

Juan 01-19-2011 01:06 AM

hahaha stating the excitement of a historical moment for Juan. And yes I just referred to myself in the 3rd person. Now you hush Terez you're ruining my moment. :P

Btw on a more serious note. Have you and Tam considered doing a forum just on the interview database? Like kinda migrating that database of yours into a forum. Just a thought that occurred to me recently.

Terez 01-19-2011 01:11 AM

What would be the point of that?

Juan 01-19-2011 01:15 AM

To be honest. I didn't have the database bookmarked, so I always had to go find your signature to pull it up, and it would've been much easier for me to find if there was a forum dedicated to this. I now have it bookmarked though so that's no longer a problem.

However, after some quick thinking, I figured on a forum setting people could perhaps contribute more easily with their own quotes and all that. Just a thought.

Terez 01-19-2011 01:25 AM

It's on the database forum. How about that. :) Also, I refuse to go out of my way for people who don't know how to bookmark stuff. And finally, I refuse to let just anyone edit the interview database. I have standards. Make a report, and I will include it (there IS a forum for that :p).

Juan 01-19-2011 01:30 AM

I didn't mean anyone could edit the database. But I do see your point. Keep up the good work and thanks!

Res_Ipsa 02-12-2011 01:16 AM

I make a habit of rereading the WoT every year. Thinking this year I will spread em out than my normal read them all in the 2-3months prior to the new book release.

BTW is BS putting off working on tSA book #2 in favor of AMoL?

Terez 02-12-2011 01:36 AM

Yes.

Davian93 02-12-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez (Post 142268)
Yes.

Honestly, its a smart career move on his part. The attention he'll receive from the release of aMoL will greatly increase interest in his own mega fantasy series...especially as tSA#2 will likely come out fairly soon after aMoL does (within a year or so) and it'll get all those neat blurbs on it like "From the co-writer of aMoL" and what not.

Terez 02-12-2011 03:33 PM

I doubt he was thinking along those lines. More like, he'd rather get the crazy WoT fans off his back as soon as possible.

Davian93 02-12-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez (Post 142295)
I doubt he was thinking along those lines. More like, he'd rather get the crazy WoT fans off his back as soon as possible.

I agree...that probably wasn't his motivation but its a nice fringe benefit.

If I were him, I'd want to get away from finishing someone's else's work as soon as possible too...particularly when it was supposed to be a 1 book thing and it has turned into 3 books and several years of his life now.

Daekyras 02-14-2011 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez (Post 142295)

Except, that won't work.
The thing about crazy WoT fans is,see, that they're CRAZY.

He ain't EVER getting away.