Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   JordanCon 2011 (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   I'm driving Brandon to the airport (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5395)

Terez 04-17-2011 03:09 PM

I'm driving Brandon to the airport

It's about an hour drive, so I'll get to ask him lots of questions. Any suggestions? I'm going to plot with Tam here in a little bit.

GonzoTheGreat 04-17-2011 03:35 PM

You could ask him whether he knows the Stephen King book Misery.

jana 04-17-2011 03:38 PM

make sure you ask Gonzo's question early on in the trip to keep the tension high for the full journey.

Terez 04-17-2011 03:56 PM

I don't know if I could tell him I'm his #1 fan with a straight face. Not that I don't like him...but I am acquainted with a few really, really gushing fanboys/fangirls. And besides, Peter will be with us. He is clearly Brandon's #1 fan. :)

sleepinghour 04-17-2011 04:09 PM

1. Is the gay male character someone we've already seen (like Androl)?

2. Why only the female access key melted.

3. Is the weave placed on Accepted before the AS test a form of Compulsion?

4. Does he know what the Accepted and AS ter'angreal were originally used for?

5. Could a channeler bound to the Horn still channel?

dominominic 04-17-2011 04:12 PM

Hehe, ask him if he wants my old Magic cards, and if so where should I send them.

jana 04-17-2011 04:20 PM

swerve a lot and then ask him if he will hold the steering wheel for you while you put your contacts in.

dominominic 04-17-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jana (Post 147391)
swerve a lot and then ask him if he will hold the steering wheel for you while you put your contacts in.

Hehe!

Or keep asking him, "Do I seem drunk to you?"

Terez 04-17-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepinghour (Post 147388)
1. Is the gay male character someone we've already seen (like Androl)?

He already indicated that it was someone we have met already in TOM. His refusal to clarify further on whether or not the character has been introduced previous to TOM seems to point toward Androl.

The rest of your questions are on the list. :)

redhairedking 04-17-2011 08:14 PM

Any news on the rest of the Q&A? I am really curious. I wish I lived near some of these cons so that I could actually go.

Terez 04-17-2011 08:32 PM

I took down the report for now because I am beginning to seriously second-guess my memory on a few of these questions - especially the ones from the bits of the trip where I was distracted, like confusing interstate merges and the airport terminal merges - and I'd like to get the audio and do a real transcript. So, consider yourself teased, but keep in mind I might have made some mistakes. The real report will be up relatively soon, I hope.

Kimon 04-17-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez (Post 147406)
Terez: Who killed Sahra Covenry?
Brandon: Oh wait...Brandon's answer on this no longer makes any sense...

Interesting. I can't help but wonder why his answer, whatever it was, would no longer make sense. Who besides Alviarin and Sheriam were you considering as suspects?

Quote:

Terez: Does one typically (emphasized in the list he was reading) have to visit Shayol Ghul to be granted permission to use the True Power?
Brandon: Yes. I know what you're fishing for here. (I said I didn't expect to slip it past him.)
What are you fishing for here? Taim?

Callandor 04-17-2011 10:00 PM

Bah!

Quote:

Terez: What happened to the twelve Aes Sedai Siuan sent to recapture Taim? Their troops?
Brandon: That's a really good question. RAFO. (His excitement at this question led me to believe that they were indeed the ones with the Borderlanders.)
I know it's a good question! That's why I asked it!

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

Terez 04-17-2011 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callandor (Post 147409)
I know it's a good question! That's why I asked it!

http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/pimp.gif

I have been defending that theory in your absence - most especially since TOM - so I was rather happy about it too.

WinespringBrother 04-18-2011 04:04 AM

Good stuff!

Terez 04-18-2011 04:55 AM

Too late WSB, lol. (Preliminary report is upthread.)

sleepinghour 04-18-2011 05:47 AM

Great work! And very interesting answers. I'm surprised we got so much new info--I thought most answers would be RAFOs. I'll comment more on them once the official version is up, but I'm especially happy he confirmed dead Heroes would still be able to channel.

Thanks, Terez! :)

WinespringBrother 04-19-2011 08:08 AM

Yeah, I posted that half asleep on the train to the airport, then realized it later LOL

Davian93 04-19-2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Terez: What happened to the twelve Aes Sedai Siuan sent to recapture Taim? Their troops?
Brandon: That's a really good question. RAFO. (His excitement at this question led me to believe that they were indeed the ones with the Borderlanders.)
I thought this was a given. Was there a major debate about it that I missed?

Terez 04-19-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davian93 (Post 147488)
I thought this was a given. Was there a major debate about it that I missed?

Well, it was a good suspicion, but there was never anything resembling confirmation, so there was still some suspicion that some of them were Black Ajah as long as there was still doubt about what the hell the Borderlanders were up to. Now it appears as though none of them were Black. Also, there was always the question of what happened to their troops. They might have been ordered to join the Borderlander armies (either the ones on the march or the ones back on the Blightborder), but there hasn't been any sign of that. They might still be waiting in the Black Hills somewhere.