Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Tamyrlin's Re-read (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   TDR: Ch. 49 - Foreshadowing Morgase in Battle? (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7192)

Tamyrlin 07-31-2012 01:26 PM

TDR: Ch. 49 - Foreshadowing Morgase in Battle?

Quote:

TITLE: Dragon Reborn
CHAPTER: 49 - A Storm in Tear
Thom removed his pipe and knuckled his mustaches. "Not in a long while. Morgase used to beat me about half the time. It is said good commanders of soldiers and good players of the Great Game are good at stones, as well. She is the one, and I've no doubt She could command a battle, too."
I wonder if she'll be involved in the battle for Caemlyn.

yks 6nnetu hing 08-01-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamyrlin (Post 195641)
I wonder if she'll be involved in the battle for Caemlyn.

Considering that Elayne is on the Fields of Merrilor for the big Rand-confrontation, and we haven't seen precisely who she's brought with her yet, it's a definite possiblity that Morgase stayed in Caemlyn and if so, would be the only logical choice as to who will lead the battle there.

Terez 08-01-2012 04:47 AM

Gawyn had his reunion with Morgase at Merrilor. I remember it because that was the death of my Mordred motive. :p (It's okay. There are plenty of motives floating around to choose from; that was just the most obvious one.)

yks 6nnetu hing 08-01-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez (Post 195687)
Gawyn had his reunion with Morgase at Merrilor. I remember it because that was the death of my Mordred motive. :p (It's okay. There are plenty of motives floating around to choose from; that was just the most obvious one.)

I can't believe that slipped my mind! I just read that bit a few weeks ago.

Which makes me think how weird it is that Galad and Morgase's reunion is so poignant what with his beginning to question his own absolute right, but Gawyn... Maybe it's because the book was split and the reverberations will come in aMoL?

GonzoTheGreat 08-01-2012 06:30 AM

Galad cares for facts and truth and such, for Gawyn his own opinion is entirely sufficient. He proved to himself already that Rand hadn't killed Morgase, so having her alive is no big deal.
Actual details may vary.

yks 6nnetu hing 08-01-2012 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat (Post 195692)
Galad cares for facts and truth and such, for Gawyn his own opinion is entirely sufficient. He proved to himself already that Rand hadn't killed Morgase, so having her alive is no big deal.

all of that is incorrect and you know it

GonzoTheGreat 08-01-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing (Post 195693)
all of that is incorrect and you know it

It is "differently correct". A bit charged, maybe.

For Galad, evidence and facts are indeed all that matters. He may get things wrong now and then, but he tries to figure out when he does not have enough information so as to minimize the number of cases where he goes wrong.
Gawyn, on the other hand, famously formed an opinion based on very little information at all, and then refused to change it when more info came along. Granted, Egwene withheld the strongest facts she could have given him, thus shouldering some of the blame, but still, he should have known not to trust the words of a random stranger. Compare that to Galad, who, despite the claims made by men he knew very well, still kept an open mind about Perrin.

yks 6nnetu hing 08-01-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat (Post 195694)
It is "differently correct".

in other words, incorrect