Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Conventions (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Theoryland North strikes again! (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7710)

Great Lord of the Dark 01-11-2013 09:54 PM

Theoryland North strikes again!

SBX and I reunited after too many years in the same city not having Theoryland meets. Last time we met, I picked Therilon up at his Carleton U dorm!

SBX is still the consummate gentleman. He politely restrained his gushing enthusiasm, asking "how far are you?", then when I grudgingly answered "Chapter 1", he placed his copy back on the table, a light smile playing across his lips.

We spoke about theories old and new, favourites we never gave up on, oldies that have been wrong for so long you may not remember a time when they had a chance of being right! Even as he relived teh awesome Amaterasu theory, he mentions that the Seanchan in Egwene's vision had blurred features, and I immediately think "omg wtf bbq sauce It's Gawyn with a Bloodknife ring!", carelessly overlooking the fact that though the rings blur his face, he is still a man, not a woman. What great fun acting out the madcap free-form association that Theoryland is built on! We contrasted Theoryland now, with the old versions, the one with the green, pink and blue sidebars, and one with circles? Really?

Jordancon looms and our life schedules aren't cooperating. I forgot to suggest he attend Cancon next September, here in Ottawa, which doubles as the Canadian sci-fi and fantasy con in 2013. He knows now!

Want to join us for another Theoryland North meet in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto? Post here and we'll try set it up!

GonzoTheGreat 01-12-2013 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Lord of the Dark (Post 208817)
Even as he relived teh awesome Amaterasu theory, he mentions that the Seanchan in Egwene's vision had blurred features, and I immediately think "omg wtf bbq sauce It's Gawyn with a Bloodknife ring!", carelessly overlooking the fact that though the rings blur his face, he is still a man, not a woman.

Don't be so prejudiced. He may get over that. Balthamel did, after all.
As Britney prophesied: "not a girl, not yet a woman".

Ishara 01-12-2013 10:44 PM

Guys, if you wanted to come as far South as Toronto, I'd SO be down!

Isabel 01-13-2013 12:17 AM

Sounds like an awesome meet, glotd:) when i visit Canada again we should meet up.

Or come toJordanCon:D

ShadowbaneX 01-13-2013 11:44 AM

It was very good to meet up with GL again. A bit of a shame that Therilon wasn't around this time, but I don't think we've heard from him in several years at this point. I won't try to match GL's flattery, but it was a fun time and great to discuss the series with another TL'er in person, especially when the crazy theories start to fly. There's something about theory-crafting that's just so much fun...and I guess what made TL a great place to hang out over the past decade and a half.

That said, Ishy, that's very tempting, but I'm on record as saying I wouldn't go to Toronto to save the world. Kingston is very much a different matter though, schedule permitting, but I know that with a Raptor even that far can be difficult. Kingston I can go down there and back in a day. Toronto would have to be a full weekend trip and that's very different.

Ishara 01-13-2013 02:15 PM

Fair enough! I love Kingston in the summer, so never say never!

ShadowbaneX 01-13-2013 02:23 PM

This summer I could manage. Things are going to be crazy for the next 14 weeks or so.

Great Lord of the Dark 01-14-2013 08:49 PM

Toronto Yay!

Shoot SBX, I was just in Toronto today, saving the world, as it happens!

I'll be back a few times this spring. But if the Last Battle can't rouse you to visit The Great Hellmouth, or buy an Apple product, then we may be at an impasse.

ShadowbaneX 01-14-2013 10:15 PM

Not really...there's Kingston. ;)