Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Hey New Users of Theoryland! (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   From the distant past (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7895)

Quatro 02-20-2013 07:21 PM

From the distant past

Yes.... You got it...by popular demand the Real Asmo has come back to Theoryland....

Those old timers who are still here may remember the glorious flame wars many years ago.

Good times..good times...

Don't worry no trolling this time...

Hope you all enjoyed the ending...No harm, no foul...keep up the good work...

Marie Curie 7 02-20-2013 09:35 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I moved this thread into the New Users forum, which seems a more appropriate place for it than General WoT discussion.

Welcome back, I think...

Terez 02-21-2013 02:36 AM

Are you the one they call Assmo?

GonzoTheGreat 02-21-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terez (Post 212963)
Are you the one they call Assmo?

I think that most who knew him preferred not to call him, in case doing so might call him back.

DahLliA 02-21-2013 09:35 AM

chilly in here isn't it?

Welcome back !

<-- flamewars

beer -->

Sarevok 02-21-2013 02:02 PM

Welcome back, Quatro!

Did you ever go by any other name, or are you from that long ago that I don't remember you?

Terez 02-21-2013 02:16 PM

Like he said, he was Asmo. And yes, the oldtimers invoke that name from time to time.

Sei'taer 02-21-2013 03:11 PM

Yeesh! ~shivers~

Quatro 02-21-2013 07:52 PM

A new Leaf

come on..the past is just that..the past...

I now live by the way of the leaf.....I won't take any shots at anyone I will be good...

It is nice to be remembered....

I have enjoyed reading some of the post's here over the years some of you are very good at creating interesting, thought provoking theories.

Anyhow. I do have a couple of things I want to post in the other area's...

Again...I am a new man and if I don't have anything good to say I will bite my tongue...errrr fingers and not say anything at all,,

Cheers..

Demon 02-21-2013 09:56 PM

Hello.

GonzoTheGreat 02-22-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quatro (Post 213016)
Again...I am a new man and if I don't have anything good to say I will bite my tongue...errrr fingers and not say anything at all,,

I remembered that Asmodean had also said or thought that he was a new man, so I looked for that passage:
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFoH, Chapter 56, Glowing Embers
Idly – but with a shiver, too – he wondered whether being reborn in this fashion made him a new man. He did not think so. Immortality was gone. That was a gift of the Great Lord; he used that name in his head, whatever al'Thor demanded on his tongue. That was proof enough that he was himself. Immortality gone – he knew it must be imagination, yet sometimes he thought he could feel time dragging at him, pulling him toward a grave he had never thought to meet – and drawing the little of saidin he could was like drinking sewage. He was hardly sorry Lanfear was dead. Rahvin neither, but Lanfear especially, for what she had done to him. He would laugh when each of the others died, too, and most for the last. It was not that he had been reborn as a new man at all, but he would cling to that tuft of grass on the cliff's brink as long as he could. The roots would give way eventually, the long fall would come, but until then he was still alive.

Guess what happened next?

Terez 02-22-2013 04:06 AM

Now Tam has to ban him; it's a matter of principle.

Terez 02-23-2013 04:51 AM

I had a dream that I came to Theoryland and saw at the top of the forum a big CONTENT REMOVED where this thread used to be.

GonzoTheGreat 02-23-2013 05:39 AM

But it wouldn't be appropriate if Tam (the Creator of this site) did this. Instead, if Asmodean is 'removed', it should remain a mystery who did it. Then we can debate all sorts of theories about it, such as that he stumbled into Bela's stable, or that the Wise Ones (whoever that may be, here) got jittery toes, or ...