Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums

Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Conventions (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   JordanCon 2016: rooms (http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8809)

Sarevok 01-04-2016 03:21 PM

JordanCon 2016: rooms

From posts on the JordanCon FB page, it seems like the rooms are going fast and/or may already be out? :eek:

So, assuming we can get rooms, who wants to share? I'll be arriving thursday and leaving monday.

WinespringBrother 01-05-2016 08:17 AM

I am (and I think Emma is as well)

Sarevok 01-06-2016 01:21 AM

Do you have a reservation already? Or are you waiting to see if they expand the block, too?

Isabel 01-06-2016 11:50 AM

No we dont have a reservation yet.
I am arriving on thursday, so i want to wait and see what happens. Room sharing with the three of us is no problem, but i would like a bed:)
So we need to check that, or someone wants to go on an airmatrass.

Sarevok 01-06-2016 01:28 PM

So Isa and WSB sharing again?
*goes poke a sleeping wolf* (because I want a bed too) :)

Edit: Wolfie can't share. Not really a fan of air matresses.

Anyone else wanna share?

Sarevok 01-06-2016 04:05 PM

Looks like the new block has been added. I went right ahead and reserved a 2 bed room with a request for a roll-away bed, too.
Unfortunately, the extra bed comes up as "not guaranteed". Anyone have experience with how long in advance they will let me know wether or not it's actually going to be there?

If we know in advance, it could fit the three of us. I recommend you guys make another reservation and we can always cancel one of them. :)

Isabel 01-06-2016 04:13 PM

Please Note Rooms with two double beds cannot accommodate a rollaway bed.
:(

Sarevok 01-06-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabel (Post 235100)
Please Note Rooms with two double beds cannot accommodate a rollaway bed.
:(

Was that in a pop-up somewhere? I didn't see it...

*goes look again*

Oh, up there. :(

Well, I guess I'll find some roommate. If not, I'll have lots of space for me. :D

Isabel 01-06-2016 04:19 PM

Unfortunately it's only possible for 2 big beds and no extra bed :(
So that's a problem. And i already have been camping for a few weeks so i think i would like a bed as well.

I think SBC still needs a roommate:)I don't mind switching to room with SBC if it makes everyone more confortable.

Anyway, i did book a room.

WinespringBrother 01-07-2016 09:20 AM

I will room with either of you, seeing you both made reservations and I haven't.

Sarevok 01-07-2016 11:57 AM

*goes poke an SBC, a Dragon Thief and a Camel on Facebook*

Sarevok 01-07-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarevok (Post 235111)
*goes poke an SBC, a Dragon Thief and a Camel on Facebook*

Both DT and Camel just poked me back that they're not going. :(

SauceyBlueConfetti 01-07-2016 10:17 PM

I will book a double tomorrow (Friday)

I fly in late Thursday and out late Sunday so if someone needs a spot it will be available. Not staying Sunday night though. FB is a good idea to poke me. Work is s crazy busy so I don't get on TL much this time of year. Stay tuned

Isabel 01-08-2016 12:06 AM

Sare: i think pops is also going and seitaer.

Sarevok 01-08-2016 12:53 AM

Emma and WSB are usually thur-sun too, right?

I'll poke a 'Tear tomorrow. :)

WinespringBrother 01-08-2016 09:13 AM

Yeah I will be there Thurs to Sun

As a side note, the Mets are playing the Braves in town that weekend so I may go to one of the games (depending on the times - if they play a Saturday night game which won't conflict much with the con, or perhaps Sunday afternoon if there are no good panels then) if anyone else is interested in also going.

Sarevok 01-11-2016 10:58 AM

Pops Tear is coming, but might or might not bring mrs. Pops, so that's kinda hard with planning. I'll poke Sei too, but he's probably bringing lady Alyson. :)

Sarevok 02-11-2016 01:08 PM

Sei is indeed bringing Aly, so I posted on the JordanCon Rooms facebook to see if anyone else wants a roommate.

Looks like the full room block problem has been fixed for now. The hotel website indicates they have rooms again. :)