View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:53 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default And we are back to silly Egwene-land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
As opposed to completely unreasoned Egwene support?
There is a thread for "egwene's an idiot" - I recommend posting arguments based on "Egwene's dumb" there. Everyone will note, I've never liked Egwene, but new Egwene is a different person and that can't be ignored.

Anyway, back to the theory. I think there is merit in the concept. Dismissing Egwene now, just like dismissing Rand, after both have gone through significant maturation while still having extreme demands on them, will continue to be our significant failure as readers.

Egwene's concerns are legit. She isn't saying that he shouldn't fight the Dark One or that the Dark One isn't real and they can avoid him and the Last Battle and the changes. Her concerns are specific and while LTT/Rand is much more experienced in regards to life/channeling, LTT didn't anticipate the counter strike by the DO. The idea that he has figured everything out now, I don't think accurately expresses Rand's opinions.

Nynaeve seeing the Dark One's taint in Rand's mind, along with the effects of the merge increasing, those can't be dismissed very casually.

Plus, I think Brandon's answers last night about the seals and Herid Fel, do make me wonder if we've been duped and Rand has been duped a bit regarding the seals. This much should be obvious when Taim, at the very least a Darkfriend if not more, gave Rand a seal. Alarm bells should be going off as the lamb is led to the slaughter.

Anyway - Egwene may not know what breaking the seals will mean for the Dark One and Ishamael in regards to what they hope for, but we have no reason to believe that there is a happy ending here. RJ placed Egwene here for a reason and I think if Rand can be said to have been raised better, then so can Egwene compared to the AoL equivalent of her. The Two Rivers gave us Egwene, Rand, Mat, Perrin and Nynaeve for a specific reason - they were raised better and together they will hopefully come up with the better way.

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 11-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.