View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

I never thought to wonder before, but why is Perrin chaining himself to a post? Not just any post, but a "thick pillar of rough-cut, black stone," which is hardly the regular decor for the interior of an inn. Previously when I've read that passage I thought the point of it was to reiterate the connection between Perrin and his wolf dreams and Egwene's TAR training, since tDR is when those story lines first started to be developed, but now I wonder if it's meant to foreshadow some sort of connection between Perrin and the Black Tower. He's planning to go there to investigate the second Dreamspike soon, and he was one of the first characters to start treating the Asha'man like human beings.