View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Planning the reread

Hi Gang. A recent tweet by Tamyrlin prompted me to plan the reread for AMoL.

1. My hardcovers have a total of 9174 pages.
2. I estimate 6 months to reread.
3. That makes 50 pages a night. Every night. For six months. No days off. Ok, fine, we'll add two weeks for unforeseen circumstances.

What to read, and in what order?

I am rereading for fun only, not for posting unfortunately. I know what happens, so I can read chronologically. If I were reading the series for the 1st time, publication date would dictate reading order.

I will not be reading the glossaries. Story only!
I will warm up by reading the Big White Book. Well, skimming actually. I'll only be paying attention to the sections on Seanchan and Forsaken and the pre-modern era. This will be as a prelude to the six-month read.

Reading order:
0. Big White Book
1. Strike at Shayol Ghul
2. New Spring
3. Ravens
4. The Eye of the World
... etc.

Are there any materials I am missing? Any other freebies or little-known WoT morsels I've overlooked?

Lastly, any updates on publication date? Is April 2012 still the best known target? That would mean I could start in September.

Thanks for any feedback! Also, hope this gets you all thinking about your own rereads if you're not already underway.

GL