View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default TEOTW: Chapter 14 - Moiraine, Lan and Logain

I was reading the meal scene and couldn't help but take notice of Lan's comments about Logain and Rand honing in on the idea that Lan seemed to be speaking with familiarity. Shortly after, Ishamael also mentions Logain during the "dream sequence" which I want to address in a different post, but it did make me wonder about whether or not Moiraine and Lan paid Logain a visit. In fact, I'm leaning towards the belief that they did just that. In fact, Lan mentions to Moiraine about the rumor that some Aes Sedai might have gone over with him and no shock is noted from Moiraine.

So - I thought this was also of interest because of Moiraine's return. Will there be some interaction between Moiraine/Lan with Logain in AMoL?

Anyway - anyone have any thoughts on this? This is one of those questions/queries that might get answered with a direct question, but not if it is somehow pertinent to AMoL.

Quote:
TITLE: Eye of the World
CHAPTER: 14 - The Stag and Lion
"Little that's good," Lan replied. "Avin was right, at least as far as talk has it. There was a battle in Ghealdan, and Logain was the victor. A dozen different stories are floating about, but they all agree on that."

Logain? That must be the false Dragon. It was the first time Rand had heard a name put to the man. Lan sounded almost as if he knew him.

"I don't know. Some say they were all killed, some say none." He snorted. "Some even say they went over to Logain. There's nothing reliable, and I did not care to show too much interest. "

It was strange, Rand thought as he shifted uncomfortably on the bed. A week ago he would have been downstairs like a falling rock for just the chance he might see a gleeman perform, for just the rumor of it. But he had heard Thom tell his stories every night for a week, and Thorn would be there tomorrow night, and the next, and the hot bath had loosened kinks in muscles that he had thought would be there forever, and his first hot meal in a week oozed lethargy into him. Sleepily he wondered if Lan really did know the false Dragon, Logain. A muffled shout came from belowstairs, the common room greeting Thom's arrival, but Rand was already asleep.