View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default TEOTW: Chapter 14 - Doom Yet to Come?

Quote:
TITLE: Eye of the World
CHAPTER: 14 - The Stag and Lion
"A thousand years later I sent the Trollocs ravening south, and for three centuries they savaged the world. Those blind fools in Tar Valon said I was beaten in the end, but the Second Covenant, the Covenant of the Ten Nations, was shattered beyond remaking, and who was left to oppose me then? I whispered in Artur Hawkwing's ear, and the length and breadth of the land Aes Sedai died. I whispered again, and the High King sent his armies across the Aryth Ocean, across the World Sea, and sealed two dooms. The doom of his dream of one land and one people, and a doom yet to come. At his deathbed I was there when his councilors told him only Aes Sedai could save his life. I spoke, and he ordered his councilors to the stake. I spoke, and the High King's last words were to cry that Tar Valon must be destroyed.
While it has been suggested that the answer to this is simply The Return, I think it speaks potentially to a more exact answer, which is what we see happen to the world through Aviendha's second trip in Rhuidean where she sees a future. Is the second doom yet to come, the Destruction of the Aiel? Or how about the destruction of the White Tower as an institution? After all, he talks about manipulating Artur into killing Aes Sedai and surely bringing about its destruction would be doom-ish.

Did Ishamael orchestrate The Return for this eventuality? How much does Ishamael remember from previous turnings? Were these direct requests from the DO to Ishamael? Does Ishamael survive the Last Battle? Does he continue to whisper in the ears of the Seanchan to bring about the destruction of the Aiel? Was any of this in the Dark Prophecies?

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 06-25-2011 at 06:29 PM.