View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute
Default TGH, Chapter 10, 11 and 14

my re-read's going much faster than I anticipated thus far.

In chapters 10, 11 and 14 Mat's being particularly obnoxious vile little boy, first to Rand and then to Perrin. With Rand he had motive seeing as Rand tried to push Mat and Perrin away from himself and purposefully insulted them. When Mat and Perrin discover Rand with the Dragon banner, first Mat's being really horrible to Rand (which is understandable, seeing as Rand insulted him earlier) but then, when Rand confesses that he can channel and that's why he tried to make sure Mat and Perrin were as far from him as possible, Perrin seems to be able to understand that Rand really doesn't have a choice of channeling or not channeling, it's just the way he is, but Mat first complains that Rand isn't the same any more (yeah, that's the pot calling the kettle black), and then this:

Quote:
TITLE: Great Hunt
CHAPTER: 11 - Glimmers of the Pattern
"That is what I'm afraid of," Mat said, standing. "No offense, Rand, but I think I will just sleep as far away from you as I can, if you don't mind. That's if you are staying. I heard about a fellow who could channel, once. A merchant's guard told me. Before the Red Ajah found him, he woke one morning, and his whole village was smashed flat. All the houses, all the people, everything but the bed he was sleeping in, like a mountain had rolled over them."
yeah, that's a good friendly reaction. sure.

and then when Mat thinks Perrin is a sniffer:
Quote:
TITLE: Great Hunt
CHAPTER: 14 - Wolf brother
"A sniffer! You? You're going to track murderers by smell? Perrin, you are as crazy as Rand. I am the only sane one left from Emond's Field, with Egwene and Nynaeve trotting off to Tar Valon to become - " He cut himself short with an uneasy glance for the Shienarans.
Perrin took Hurin's place beside Ingtar as the small column rode south. Mat kept up a string of disparaging remarks, until Uno found the first tracks left by Trollocs and by men on horses, but Perrin paid him little mind.
and that's even aside from all the times he threw up on the wayside (I've counted 4 so far, maybe 6 if I include TEOTW)

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill

Last edited by yks 6nnetu hing; 07-05-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clarfication