View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I was talking to an oldtimer from rasfwrj a couple of days ago about her signing reports, and one of the things I asked her was why the fandom thought that LOC seemed like 'half a book' (this question was asked a few times on the LOC signing tour). I told her I thought that was odd, since LOC is a fan favorite these days. She went on to say that she felt like RJ started to slow down with TSR, and that TDR was his best book, so tightly-plotted, etc. I've heard that opinion before from some of the oldest WoT fans. Anyway, I mentioned to her that the fan favorites these days are generally 4-6. TSR is my favorite just because all of the major characters do something awesome in that book, some of them quite a few awesome things. It's probably the biggest development book of the series - a lot of stuff was set up then.
Half a book? The thing is a bloody brick! LOL. More thanenough happens in LOC to keep even the most ADHD fans happy, imo. But again, biased.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper