View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Rand would not bother with trying to hunt BA members, true.

But with Rand running around who knows where (as you point out, it's unclear where he goes or what he does there) he could very easily accidentally run into some BA members. That's what ta'veren is all about: making the unlikely happen all the time. If he had a list then at least he could find out that they were not trustworthy before turning his back on them to walk on.

As for the channelers who could help hunt down the BA: apart from the BT, there are also the WOs (who might or might not cooperate with Egwene if she doesn't tell them what it is about) and the Windfinders (who almost certainly have not heard from Egwene precisely who is on the BA list).

Finally there is the possibility that Rand would have said "tricky problem, I don't have any good suggestions right now, I know that you will do whatever is possible". In that case, Egwene would have been no worse off than she is now, but she would have given Rand some reason to actually consider her anything other than merely someone who is only looking out for the narrow interests of the AS only.
Somehow I get the feeling that even if Rand had all the names/descriptions of the stray Black Ajah, that he might not recognize one to see them, since they know they are hunted and they will presumably know how to disguise themselves.

I'm glad that you agree that Egwene would be better off telling the Wise Ones instead of bothering Rand about this (besides, it's not like the Wise Ones are going to take orders from Rand anyway). They probably aren't suited to hunting Black Ajah but they can certainly secure the ones already in their custody (if they are still around-I think I will see if I can ask Brandon what happened to them). I can't see the Atha'an Miere taking a part in hunting shorebound darkfriends though.

As for Rand's pat on the back for Egwene, I think Eggy is confident enough without it. Maybe it would have changed Rand's attitude but even if it did, given their recent history, it's probably too little, too late and thus not even worth the effort.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon