View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
What I meant (it's all Greek to me, I'll admit) was Fear of Power. Yes, it is not entirely rational in Mat's case, but then, not all* phobias are always entirely rational.

* Arachnophobia is, of course.
ah, that was my next thought. I got confused when "dynamo" was only used in the context of an electricity generator

I can see that being an actual fear of his. But then the question is: is he aware of the fear or is it something in his subconscious? Also, you know what's the best way of getting rid of a debilitating fear? facing it.

also, Loial is not afraid of women, he's got the sweets for one, and he gets on very amicably with several more, although those he gets along with are of a different species from him so I'm not sure if they "count. should though, seeing as the ogier women in WoT are portrayed overall quite similarly to the human women.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill