View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Youngling

the_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud ofthe_collective has much to be proud of
Default Mordeth's dirty taint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Perhaps, and this is way out there, its just a lasting after effect of carrying the dagger for as long as he did. It wasn't enough to make him hate AS and the OP but it was enough to amplify his already skeptical nature towards a constant level of distrust toward them.

I think one of the least explored topics of WoT is the lasting effects that the exposure to Shadar Logoth's evil had on the main characters. You could use it to explain your annoyance with Mat and my utter hatred and disgust towards Egwene (thanks to her daily communes with Fain in the dungeons of Fal Dara).
I agree with all of this, most especially the bit about a lack of real exploration into the long-term effects of exposure to the taint of the Dagger/Mordeth/Mashadar/Shadar Logoth (nor is it entirely clear which of the 4 the effect emanates from in the first place). Even to understand the nature of Mordeth's (obviously very special) relationship with the Dagger or the nature of his prior imprisonment within the walls of Shadar Logoth would go a long way, I believe, toward answering these questions.

Yet, to date, most of what we have to go on came from the new guy (Sanderson) when he tiptoed around the topic of the origins of Mordeth's queerness when discussing it with Tamyrlin in one of those Terez-transcribed resources. It's not really even worth reprinting here, since the paltry information provided isn't worth the effort of looking it up. And this is not even counting the random "abilities" Fain has exhibited.

Obviously, RJ was playing his Fain cards close to the vest. I dearly hope we learn what the deal is with Fain eventually. In my opinion, there will be some good reveals re: Fain come AMoL and the Encyclopaedia WoT.

"Egwene had told him she had murdered children...Too horrible for anyone to admit to unless it was true." [TGH: Chapter 46, Rand PoV]