View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Well, Rand did get quite close to it on Dragonmount.
And, considering the fact that for more than 3,000 years, of all the men who learned how to channel a total of zero managed to remain sane and healthy for their whole natural life, I think that a certain discomfort around male channelers is not entirely unreasonable.

Out of curiosity: if a boyhood friend of Taim were to show up and appear distrustful of the M'Hael, would you then fault him for that too?

Do you fault Min for being frightened when she realised that Fedwin Morr had gone totally insane while she was alone with him?
Dude. did I say it was unreasonable of Mat? no, I said some amount of distrust is justified. I also said that considering Mat's own experiences with an insanity-inducing force, his attitude towards Rand is highly hypocritical.

Rand stood by Mat during the whole dagger-craziness, Rand tried to help Mat get better and believed in Mat's recovery, after he was Healed. And how does Mat behave towards Rand? hm? If he's that terrified/disgusted at Rand, then why doesn't he take a good look at himself and either do something about his attitude or go hang himself for real this time.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill