View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

you didn't address the fact that he's a bad friend.

wimpy: "When it actually matters" do you mean on the battlefield? Where he can't get away because of ta'veerenness? and where he's tried consistently not to end up? sure, if accident of location is bravery then Mat's insanely brave.

mind you, I don't think Elayne's type of reckless running into dangerous situations is bravery either.

wussy:your counterpoint has to do with his hypocricy, which you admit that he has. so your counterpoint is invalid. Mat is a wuss.

hypocricy regarding the OP: I'm sorry, did you actually read what I said he was hypocritical about? He HAS benefited from OP. By the end of FoH, the OP has saved his life, literally, 3 times! Not once has Mat thought "oh, look, I got saved by it this time, good for me". His hypocricy isn't even saying that OP is wrong in and of itself, his hypocricy is thinking (and pay attention here Gonzo, I laid it out in my first post already) that OP has somehow caused him enormous harm and every single wielder of the OP is specifically out to get him, Mat Cauthon when actually the OP hasn't treated him any different than anyone else and in fact has benefited him several times. 3 times (by the end of FoH) by saving his worthless little life. He's also hypocritical about madness when he himself suffered it and his friends stood by him and now a friend of his is suffering it and he's ready to desert him at first opportunity.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill