View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the "wimpy" thing would also be disproven by his decision to run off to Tear in order to save some of his friends (who can channel), despite the fact that the a couple of Forsaken and the BA are out to get them.
Another case is his offer of letting either Nynaeve or Elayne have his medallion, when he learns that another Forsaken is out to get them. He could have ran away, but he didn't even consider that then.

I don't think I admitted he was a hypocrite, merely that I couldn't disprove that, yet.
And I think that I would want some quotes to substantiate that he is "thinking ... that OP has somehow caused him enormous harm and every single wielder of the OP is specifically out to get him". I do not see that. I do see that it makes him uncomfortable, and that his reaction is not entirely rational. He does not want anything to do with it.

As an aside, "thinking ... that Seanchan somehow caused her enormous harm and every single Seanchan is specifically out to get her" does describe part of Egwene pretty well. Amusing, that.