View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
I don't think Mat can give up his gambling, since it was the Pattern that chose that habit for him, and he will need it to help fight the Dark One. If nothing else, it already contributed to saving Moiraine, who is critical to Rand's success, according to Min (unless there is some other woman who is dead and gone that Min was thinking of, which doesn't seem likely-it would be funny if that viewing was about Lanfear though).

I also think that the whiny Mat has redeemed himself, becoming the General and embracing his fate rather than running away from it. And he does take his lumps with more humor than mopey Perrin and Rand.
Well to be fair to Perrin, he's certainly redeemed himself for moping. As of the end of ToM, he's embraced his role and appears to be the only one of three who self-actualized. I don't count Rand, because he had supernatural help from LTT's memories. Plus his whiny, mopey, non-embrasure was way worse than Perrin's.

Mat, though, still can't seem to figure out exactly what he wants to do.