View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixPax View Post
Yeah, but who's going to want to gamble with Mat? He already cannot gamble with any of the Aiel men from Rhuidean. Then he's got reputation problems elsewhere too, as the Prince of Ravens who never loses!

People just won't play that game with him, anymore. No fun. No chance of winning.
There is more to gambling than cards and dice... I'm talking about his taking chances in battle and negotiations based on his instincts and intuition and bestowed memories. Such as his skirmishes with the Aiel in TFOH, his "negotiations" with the Atha'an Miere in TPOD, his escape from the TOG in TofM, and other situations where he diced with the Dark One, so to speak. Don't forget, his soldiers follow him because of his reputation for luck in battle, not in games of chance.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon