View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Plus the fact that there are more Blacks amongst the Red Ajah than any other ...
The last analysis I recall showed a very slight proportionate edge for the Read, but that was two books back, or so, and I don't recall any more reds in the spate of BA sisters revealed in the last two books. I think a new analysis with all the newly exposed BA might show a more balanced percentage, with the Red's proportional edge wiped out.

As Boli points out, the Red Ajah would naturally have a numeric advantage simply because it is the biggest Ajah but I haven't seen any evidence that a Red sister is statistically more likely to be BA than any other Ajah.

One other point to consider, though: The Red Ajah did have BA in its highest position(s) -- Galina was Ajah head before her caprure by the Shaido. That is going to cause some confusion between BA and Red sisters simply following orders. The "Vileness" in response to Rand's birth mostly wasn't carried out by BA, although they were heavily involved, but by overzealous, man-hating Reds, like Elaida.

By the nature of its mission, the Red Ajah is easy to manipulate, but that doesn't mean it is more of a haven for BA than any other.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.