View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
The last analysis I recall showed a very slight proportionate edge for the Read, but that was two books back, or so, and I don't recall any more reds in the spate of BA sisters revealed in the last two books. I think a new analysis with all the newly exposed BA might show a more balanced percentage, with the Red's proportional edge wiped out.

As Boli points out, the Red Ajah would naturally have a numeric advantage simply because it is the biggest Ajah but I haven't seen any evidence that a Red sister is statistically more likely to be BA than any other Ajah.

One other point to consider, though: The Red Ajah did have BA in its highest position(s) -- Galina was Ajah head before her caprure by the Shaido. That is going to cause some confusion between BA and Red sisters simply following orders. The "Vileness" in response to Rand's birth mostly wasn't carried out by BA, although they were heavily involved, but by overzealous, man-hating Reds, like Elaida.

By the nature of its mission, the Red Ajah is easy to manipulate, but that doesn't mean it is more of a haven for BA than any other.
I think I was referring to (one of) the proportional analysis(es) you're referring to, but I'm not sure we can do a full analysis after TOM; we don't know how many of the executed and escaped Black Sisters fell into each Ajah.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known