Thread: ToM - Ch5
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute
Default ToM - Ch5

I didn't notice the difference in writing styles the first time I read TGS and ToM - possibly because I hadn't done a re-read before and I wasn't familiar with BS's writing style. But it's hitting me at times now. In particular in the beginning of Chapter 5 of Towers of Midnight.

The whole set-up of Gawyn looking into the murders in the Tower to impress Egwene, that's something that sounds quite like RJ. However, the whole detective-act that Gawyn puts on is classic Sanderson.

Also, it seems to me that the conversation between Egwene and Gawyn is a bit of a "Ok, we're in a meeting, time's short so let's go through this per bullet point" kind of a thing. Point 1: Gawyn not accepting Egwene as Amyrlin (which he doesn't). Point 2: Sisters need to bond Warders. End scene, NEXT!

no wonder both Egwene and Gawyn are so disliked by the fandom in this book

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill