View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default TGH: Ch. 23 - Nynaeve, Past Turnings, and Weakening the Tower

A few thoughts from Nynaeve's testing.

Detecting Saidin

Quote:
"The first time," Sheriam said, "is for what was. The way back will come but once. Be steadfast."
I've always understood for what was as something that could have happened (tweaked by Nynaeve's fears), but what if this was something that DID happen, but in the past of the soul of the individual, likely from a previous turning. In this case, Nynaeve fighting a male Forsaken, and not only that, she senses Saidin. Maybe in the last turning Nynaeve discovered a way for female channelers to detect Saidin.

Which led me to wonder: will Nynaeve rediscover that? has she always had this ability to pick things up regarding channeling talents/abilities/weaves in previous lives and turnings?

And all of this led me to the thought: will Nynaeve discover some way to channel saidar and saidin, something that is supposed to be impossible? I know, loony theory.

Sheriam - Culling strong Aes Sedai?

Sheriam is in the perfect position to make the White Tower weak, especially through the Accepted testing. I didn't notice before how much control the Mistress of Novices has in this regard. I wonder if this is part of the Black Ajah plan, to weaken the overall One Power strength of the Tower by kicking out as many of the strongest channelers as possible through the rigid rules around becoming Aes Sedai?