View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:34 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default TGH: Ch. 33 - Mat's Betrayal not on Purpose

Quote:
TITLE: Great Hunt
CHAPTER: 33 - A Message From the Dark
"I know," Rand said. But how long before he tells somebody what I am, not even meaning to? He could not believe Mat would betray him on purpose; there was that much of their friendship left, at least. "Loial, boost me up where I can see over the wall."
I know we've discussed Mat and betrayal because of his reaction after coming out of the Portal Stone, but I thought Rand's phrasing here was good: not on purpose.

Which made me think of a quote later on:

Quote:
TITLE: Great Hunt
CHAPTER: 34 - The Wheel Weaves
"Do not ruin what convincing you have managed to do. I shall not sound the Horn of Valere. When I return to Seanchan, I shall present it to the Empress as the chiefest of my trophies. Perhaps the Empress will sound it herself."
Mat, horn, Tuon, Heroes of the Horn fight on the behalf of the Seanchan? Ok, loony, but a fun mix of betrayal, yet not being something purposeful.