Thread: Terez's reread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Footer quote of LOC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOC
The unstained tower breaks and bends knee to the forgotten sign. The seas rage, and stormclouds gather unseen. Beyond the horizon, hidden fires swell, and serpents nestle in the bosom. What was exalted is cast down; what was cast down is raised up. Order burns to clear his path.
The Prophecies of the Dragon translation by Jeorad Manyard Governor of the Province of Andor for the High King, Artur Paendrag Tanreall
Taim, Sheriam, and Sorilea are particularly bosomy in this book. Most of the others play lesser roles, even Verin and Galina, and they're not really in the bosom since Rand doesn't trust them. He doesn't trust Taim either, but he pretends like he does, and he gave him control of the Black Tower.

I did find it odd that RJ used a governor of Andor for this one who wasn't Endara Casalain, Ishara's mother. We know that Andor had a non-Andoran governor at first until Hawkwing relented and let the nobles of Aldeshar return. They were the last nation to fall to him, and Mat remembers being Culain, who commanded their army until Hawkwing won. But it was only something like 4 years before he relented. He ruled a long time, though, so I suppose there could have been several governors; I just thought it an odd choice.