Thread: Terez's reread
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ieyasu View Post
Something in ACOS that caught my attention was:

Quote:
A Crown Of Swords
Perrin certainly did not feel like laughing. An Aiel could find something funny in having a sword stuck through him. Aes Sedai on top of everything else Light! He cut straight through to what was important. "Feraighin? My wife, Faile, is she well?"

She gave him a half-distracted stare, then visibly pulled together the tatters of her poise. "I think Faile Aybara is well, Sie'cair." she said with cool composure. Or almost. She tried to sneak glances at Sorilea from the corner of her eye. Sorilea was not amused, or anything close to it; arms folded, she gave Feraighin a perusal that made the one she had given Kiruna seem mild.
I do not recall what this title means. I do not recall Perrin being called such by other Aiel, or seeing it really come up again.

Does anyone know what this term means? What it means as a title? Is it related to the prophecies that involve him? (wolfking, blacksmith hammer, and the various things in the seanchan versions)
It's sei'cair (not sie'cair). which means 'golden eyes' or 'eyes of gold'.

Sei means 'eyes', as in sei'taer, which means 'level eyes' or sei'mosiev, which means 'lowered eyes'. (See the composite glossary entries for these definitions.)

Cair means 'golden'. See the Old Tongue Dictionary, or else recall that the original name of Cairhien, Al'cair'rahienallen, meant 'Hill of the Golden Dawn' (or that Alcair Dal means 'golden bowl').