Thread: Terez's reread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

A few notes:

1. Daishar is a gelding; I was mistaken on that. But Kiruna had a stallion, at least. And Rand took it from her.

2. Faolain. She's a really confusing character, and I honestly don't get how she can say she's in Salidar because what Elaida did was wrong, and at the same time blame Siuan for it. How does that even make sense? For someone who would have chosen the Red (she was vocal about this herself when in the Tower; I'd forgotten that), to go to the Blue is downright strange. Some might say the Blue and the Red are rivals even more than the Green and the Red. And her whole speech to Egwene about wishing she had the Oath Rod (I think she said it four times)....gah. I don't get her. I really hope there's some explanation as to why she's that way, because otherwise she's just a badly-written red herring. It seems unlikely that Verin would have missed her; she had been in the Tower 13 years at the time of the split (8 as novice, 5 as Accepted). I don't believe she was really intended as a red herring, though; Faolain is one of the first people Min views in Salidar (she said you'd think someone like Faolain would have an unpleasant future). And we've yet to discover what this thing was she was working on. I hope it comes into play at the Black Tower battle.

3. Nicola. She's even worse than Faolain. Picks up weaves as if she already knew them. Blackmails people. Came on the boat with Moghedien. And now she's dead, and her secrets with her, if she ever had any. I wonder if we'll see Areina in AMOL. Maybe Moghedien just compelled them to make trouble in Salidar? Min viewed them, and said all three were 'trouble'. And all three 'touched Nynaeve's heart', which is just downright weird. But all three had stories that might have been designed to appeal to Nynaeve.

4. Myrelle. Why the hell didn't Egwene make Myrelle go with Lan to Ebou Dar? Was she really all that important to keep around? Oh well. She's also very annoying with Bryne; I feel sorry for her Warders. She must be really good in the sack, though; she probably uses the Power or something.

There was something else. Maybe I'll remember later.