Thread: Terez's reread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
A few notes:
2. Faolain. She's a really confusing character, and I honestly don't get how she can say she's in Salidar because what Elaida did was wrong, and at the same time blame Siuan for it.
But tons of other AS, including Maigan, have such a view. They think Siuan was too secretive, and too manipulative, and dislike her for it. But they also think Elaida went about removing her in a criminal manner. Its hardly a weird position, especially since they don't know Siuan had excellent reasons for keeping quiet and not seeking open support.
Quote:
How does that even make sense? For someone who would have chosen the Red (she was vocal about this herself when in the Tower; I'd forgotten that), to go to the Blue is downright strange.
Not in this situation. She woke up one day and found the organization she idolized had done something she just couldn't accept. In such a case, people tend to look for exactly the opposite. They want to change their life, and the tendency is to do something exactly the opposite of before, to emphasize that change, and also to help yourself get used to it. Psychologically, it isn't all that surprising.
Quote:
Some might say the Blue and the Red are rivals even more than the Green and the Red. And her whole speech to Egwene about wishing she had the Oath Rod (I think she said it four times)....gah. I don't get her. I really hope there's some explanation as to why she's that way, because otherwise she's just a badly-written red herring. It seems unlikely that Verin would have missed her; she had been in the Tower 13 years at the time of the split (8 as novice, 5 as Accepted). I don't believe she was really intended as a red herring, though; Faolain is one of the first people Min views in Salidar (she said you'd think someone like Faolain would have an unpleasant future). And we've yet to discover what this thing was she was working on. I hope it comes into play at the Black Tower battle.
I'm confused at your confusion with her...

As I see it, she is a rigid woman, harsh and with a tendency to be unyielding, who woke up one day to find her house of cards shattered. That hasn't completely changed her, but she is trying, with spotty success. And her heart's in the right place, as Egwene recognized.

What I'm more interested in learning was what exactly Lelaine did to make her reveal whatever little of Egwene's schemes she did reveal. Egwene may gain a hook on Lelaine from that, though how that can matter this late in the game I do not know.