View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res_Ipsa View Post
Really? That is kind of how I feel about Perrin's plotline post Dumai's Well. I loved Matt in Ebou Dar and felt it was a good progression for how he met Tuon.
Not much of a fan of Perrin's plotline post Dumai's Wells either - although the Slayer confrontation was pretty awesome.

I think in both cases that it is RJ's flawed ability to effectively write out gender wars from the female perspective. Nynaeve, Elayne, Tuon, Faile, Berelain and all the secondary women around them (with very few exceptions...Birgitte, for example) are mindnumbingly annoying in their trite, stereotypical male-bashing characterization. Blech.

And I start CoS tomorrow.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus