View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Elder

Res_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant futureRes_Ipsa has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasin Natael View Post
Male writer? That kinda undermines your point, and is pretty sexist to boot.
Ihvon said RJ was bad at the battle of the sexes. RJ was a man. I asked is there a man who is good at it? It was not a rhetorical statement. How now brown cow does that weaken my argument? Try and avoid conclusory arguments this time.

As to your sexist comment, it gets old when intemperates speak the first offended remark that comes to their mind, without bothering to understand what is actually being said or better yet presume some motivation that more accurately describes their own sad mental state than it does the accused. The word itself is meant to put the receiver on the defensive and is used by a lesser order of mind to equivocate or proffer the statement as some form of intelligent remark. The only reason it succeeds is because of the culture of political correctness within our society dictates that the use of offended words be a constant pressure that squeezes the life out of actual discussion. All of that was just a fancy way of saying feel free to ignore me from now on, as it will save you the mental anguish of knowing that Res_Ipsa spouts mean and hurtful things that make you downright sorry to be an "X" (whatever subset you are claiming umbrage for in your self-righteous crusade to relieve your self-guilt).

" 'Looks like the game can be won after all,' [Mat] said. 'Tell the foxes I'm mighty pleased with this key they gave me. Also, you can all go rot in a flaming pit of fire and ashes, you unwashed lumps on a pig's backside. Have a grand bloody day.' "

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Last edited by Res_Ipsa; 07-13-2012 at 09:32 PM.