View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Someone gave it orders:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToM, Chapter 9, Blood in the Air
"I've been told to kill them all," the gholam said softly. "To bring you out. The man with the mustache, the aged one who interfered last time, the little dark-skinned woman who holds your affection. All of them, unless I take you now."
It is speculation that this is Moridin, true. But then, it does seem to be good speculation.

He's on top of the Shadow heap right now, and the gholam is a very valuable resource. So he would be likely to use the gholam if he learned about its existence.
None of the other Forsaken has shown a really pressing wish to kill Mat (unless he refused to dance with them).
Moridin was on the scene when Elayne and friends left Ebou Dar, and the gholam was there too. The only other Forsaken we know about that have been there are Sammael (who has an alibi), Semirhage (who also has an alibi, and wasn't there yet), and Moghedien, who is one of Moridin's pets.

All in all, I would say that the odds are very good that the gholam was gettings its orders from Moridin.