View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

Not to turn this into a Demandred thread, but I've been thinking that Dem=Roedran kind of jars with BS's comments. If you assume Dem is ruling a nation, and also that we haven't seen his alter-ego yet, then by power of elimination it pretty much has to be Roedran. This doesn't seem to fit with what Brandon has said about this being "the" mystery of the series, harder than Asmo to figure out, and, especially, that Dem's big reveal won't likely be a slap-to-your-head, "oh, that should have been obvious" moment. I'm not saying I don't think Roedran makes sense, but almost because he makes the most sense I don't like him as Dem's alter-ego.

Then again, if Dem's doing other things besides ruling Murandy I guess he could still be Roedran. But I think whatever else this could be would be more important than "being Roedran."

And as for the gholam, I mostly meant that I like the scene where he's revealed in aCoS. But I'll admit I like him through the rest of books as well. As a side note, though, at least RJ is usually very constricting concerning "too powerful things." Compared to something like Harry Potter at least, in which these types of too powerful things are invented right and left, often are only used once, and almost never used to their full potential.