View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 04:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

First, it is not clear that Egwene would have done it. Second, it is not clear that Egwene could have done it; stilling an AS requires a certain minimum amount of power, and it isn't certain Egwene, doped up as she was, had enough of it.
Third, it is quite clear that Verin's oath prevented her from taking such an approach. That one is a rather serious problem with the idea, I would say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD, Chapter 39, A Visit from Verin Sedai
'I swear not to betray the Great Lord, to keep my secrets until the hour of my death.'
If she'd just said "still me", Egwene wouldn't have done it. But she could not explain because the oath she wanted to get rid of explicitly prevented her from doing so.