View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Great Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to allGreat Lord of the Dark is a name known to all
Default Theoryland North strikes again!

SBX and I reunited after too many years in the same city not having Theoryland meets. Last time we met, I picked Therilon up at his Carleton U dorm!

SBX is still the consummate gentleman. He politely restrained his gushing enthusiasm, asking "how far are you?", then when I grudgingly answered "Chapter 1", he placed his copy back on the table, a light smile playing across his lips.

We spoke about theories old and new, favourites we never gave up on, oldies that have been wrong for so long you may not remember a time when they had a chance of being right! Even as he relived teh awesome Amaterasu theory, he mentions that the Seanchan in Egwene's vision had blurred features, and I immediately think "omg wtf bbq sauce It's Gawyn with a Bloodknife ring!", carelessly overlooking the fact that though the rings blur his face, he is still a man, not a woman. What great fun acting out the madcap free-form association that Theoryland is built on! We contrasted Theoryland now, with the old versions, the one with the green, pink and blue sidebars, and one with circles? Really?

Jordancon looms and our life schedules aren't cooperating. I forgot to suggest he attend Cancon next September, here in Ottawa, which doubles as the Canadian sci-fi and fantasy con in 2013. He knows now!

Want to join us for another Theoryland North meet in Montreal, Ottawa, or Toronto? Post here and we'll try set it up!