Thread: rand's reread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 05:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Fades also get weak when they're too far away from Shayol Ghul for too long. I don't think they were necessarily using the most incompetent Darkfriends they could find; it's rather supposed to demonstrate that Darkfriends were already scared of Rand after what happened to Howal Gode, and it fell to Paitr to serve tea.
I am not sure that it is true in general that Fades suffer anything if they are far away from SG. It always seemed to me that that was a specific problem for Shaidar Haran, the Super Fade (ref: end of chapter 40 ACoS).

Do you have any indication at all that it is a weakness shared by other Fades?