Thread: rand's reread
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 03:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

There's a trick to opening the chest, and if you don't know the trick, then discovering it is not easy.

I think that Lanfear brought them there, and Rand brought them back. The reason why Rand's second attempt is "differently successful" is that he is then also using the "travel between worlds" method, which is not quite the same as the "travel within a world" one, and it is the latter he should have used.

I think that Lanfear brought those Grolm there. I also think that the huge packs they heard at the end were not real; they were just sound effects produced by Lanfear to spur them on. I admit that I do not have actual evidence for this, and I can't remember having convinced anyone else that it is correct. So other explanations are also proposed.

Loial may not have known that the dagger was missing, and he may have thought that Moiraine had cured Mat by that time, possibly with the help of other AS.