Thread: rand's reread
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 01:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
He definitely would have smelled violence on her though as she had likely done literally awful things as a BA member.
But it fades as time goes on, even in the place where it was done. I'd say Verin has committed some violence at this point, but not very much, and not necessarily any time recently. She knew what Hurin could do; if she thought she had anything to worry about, she wouldn't have put herself in that position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurin
It fades with time, but the worse the violence, the longer it lasts. Aiie, I can smell a battlefield ten years old, though the trails of the men who were there are gone. Up near the Blight, the trails of the Trollocs almost never fade. Not much to a Trolloc but killing and hurting. A fight in a tavern, though, with maybe a broken arm ... that smell's gone in hours......This is the worst ever, though. Murder smells bad, and the trail of a murderer stinks with it, but this ......There were men in it last night. Darkfriends, must be, but you can't tell a Darkfriend by smell. What I'll follow is the Trollocs, and the Halfmen. And something even worse.