View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 11:25 AM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
A woman, perhaps one of the heroines, has been assaulted by one of the Forsaken. This has taken the form of a triple rape, not only of body, but of mind and of soul. Thus the three portions of her have been fragmented and seperated. [sic] Rhys must enter another plane of existence and reintegrate her mind and her soul with each other and with her body.
Is this, perhaps the start of the idea that Rand will have three romantic partners?

So it appears Egwyn and Nyneve existed right from the beginning. As did Elyn. And you've also said Rand was to have an affair with Morghase (who is not Elyn's mom). I wonder if all that is a result of this piece from the older notes.

Also, seems to me the "other plane of existence" is Tel'aran'rhiod? Funny to see that the "reintegration" was supposed to be of a woman. Even though RJ never used it in the end, the idea that Rand would die and have to be stripped out of TAR was a very common theory, and one that I still think there's good evidence RJ had lined up as an alternative.