Thread: Suggestion!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp View Post
If you haven't read Jim Butcher I'd suggest the Dresden Files.
The first two books are good and then it takes of into greatness. With tons of pop culture references and encounters with fairytale creatures which are quite different from those in our stories.

There are awesome quotes as well as bad puns like this one:
“What's up, boss?"
"Evil's afoot."
"Well, sure," Bob said, "because it refuses to learn the metric system. Otherwise it'd be up to a meter by now.”

And lines like
“I let out a battle cry. Sure, a lot of people might have mistaken it for a sudden yelp of unmanly fear, but trust me. It was a battle cry.”
Dresden Files are amazing!!!!! would they be classified as urban fantasy? I didn't look up the definition. Also, Butcher has a fantasy series that I enjoyed, The Codex Alera series. I am currently reading the first book of his new series. The Aeronauts Windlass, so far so good.
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA