Thread: New Doctor?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 08:47 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
1) Capaldi's fine. Loads better than Matt Smith (please don't shoot me... I just have extremaly low tolerance for boymen/manboys whateverthehell you call the Matt Cauthon archetype)
Matt Smith's tenure was largely carried more by Karen Gillan. David Tennant has been by far the best doctor since Tom Baker. Still liked Smith far more than Capaldi. I felt like the show went into precipitous decline once they killed off Amy Pond. Bringing in Clara (Jenna Coleman) helped, but I liked her far better with Matt Smith than with Capaldi.

I think it a mark of how much better Tennant was than the other modern doctors (except John Hurt - he was excellent in that brief stint as the War Doctor) that even having boring companions didn't hurt the strength of his doctor. With Smith and Capaldi, I either liked their companion better than them, or didn't like their companion, and then stopped watching.